Prepare For Your Session
Before Your Session:
- Drink plenty of water the day of your appointment.
- Do not apply any creams, oils or lotions to your skin the day of the session. Myofascial release requires direct contact with clean skin in order to be effective.
- Bring appropriate clothing to your session. During your appointment, you will be asked to undress to your level of comfort - typically a sports bra and shorts, underwear and bra or bikini for women, and just a pair of shorts for men. Choose clothing you will be comfortable being seen in, as the session may begin with a brief visual assessment.
- I will email you an intake form along with your first appointment confirmation. Please complete the intake before your appointment, or arrive 10 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment time so that you can complete it and still have as much time as possible on the table!
- Please answer the questions on the intake as honestly and thoroughly as possible. You will be asked about your medical history as well as current medical status and conditions. Please particularly disclose any medical conditions and medications or supplements you are taking.
- If you have to cancel your appointment, please contact me at least 24 hours beforehand, or you will be responsible to pay for the cost of the session. I will provide my cell phone number in the email I send to confirm your session.
- During the session, although you may have a specific area of complaint, I will assess and treat your whole body. This is one of the unique characteristics of the work that I do, and contributes to its effectiveness through acknowledging the body as a whole system.
- It is important during the session to rest your mind and focus your awareness on the sensations you feel in your body. If you feel comfortable sharing these sensations with me during the session, it may help me to give you a better treatment.