Our society pursues exclusively and directly non-profit activities.
The society's purpose is the scientific processing of Joseph Woelfl's (1773 - 1812) biography and work. Furthermore we promote the publication of Woelfl to the general public.
Only a collective is able to accomplish the rehabilitation of a musician's life and work the size and significance of Joseph Woelfl. The society has the following primary objectives
- The complete scholarly critical re-edition of Woelfl's work estimated to comprise 63 volumes
- Editions for practitioners of individual works, edited by renowned musicians
- International scientific symposia in cities Joseph Woelfl lived in
- Support research projects about Woelfl's life and work
- Promotion of his works in today's musical life through performances, talks, periodic publications and recordings