Self-Employed, Detroit, MI
Owner, Mar 2003 – Present
- Search and negotiate suitable venues or locations as per the requirements and constraints of clients.
- Recruit models, makeup artists, hair stylists, designers, and photographers.
- Host open calls for fittings and rehearsals.
- Direct all back of house responsibilities during events.
- Conduct research to gain new opportunities for events.
- Manage and develop a plan of action to ensure that the cost of the event remains under budget.
- Design layout and theme for events.
- Facilitate communication with venue management, caterers, contractors, and equipment rentals.
- Severance Detroit, Detroit, MI
Director, Mar 2003 – Aug 2007
- Wrote and distributed press releases.
- Managed sales and business accounts.
- Acquired sponsors for events.
- Recruited talent including: artists for exhibition, musicians, and djs.
- Hired bartenders, doormen, sales assistants, etc.
- Collaborated with other local art galleries to build a community.
- Lutheran High School North, Macomb Twp., MI
- High School Diploma, June 1996
- Creative and energetic event manager offering over 10 years of experience working in fast paced environments where professional organization skills are required to handle staff, customers, contractors, budgeting and financial aspects of special events.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Experienced on both sides of the runway, walking it and working behind it.