Assistant Professor of Management
School of Business Administration, UNIST
- Assistant Professor, School of Business Administration, UNIST, Feb 2019 - present
- Ph.D. in Management, Purdue University, Dec 2018
- M.A. in Economics, University of Southern California, May 2014
- B.A. in Business Administration, Korea University, Feb 2005
- Bae, J. & Lee, J. How competitive tension between spinouts and parent firms affects other industry incumbents’ venture investments: Evidence from the U.S. medical device industry.
- 2nd Revise & Resubmit: Academy of Management Journal
- Bae, J. & Ozmel, U. The interplay between firm-level uncertainty and transaction-specific uncertainty in determining the formation of R&D alliances.
- 1st Revise & Resubmit: Organization Science
- Lee, J., Kim, J., & Bae, J. Founder CEOs and innovation: Evidence from S&P 500 firms.
- 2nd Revise & Resubmit: Research Policy
- Ryu, W., Bae, J., & Brush, T.H. Competitive positions in technology domains and corporate venture capital investments.
- Academy of Management Annual Meeting BPS Best Paper Proceedings
- In preparation for submission to Strategic Management Journal
- Bae, J., & Ryu, W. When do entrepreneurial ventures receive funding from corporate investors? The case of academic hybrid entrepreneurship
- In preparation for submission to Academy of Management Journal
- Samsung Economic Research Institute Best PhD Student Paper Award, Association of Korean Management Scholars, 2018
- Best Conference PhD Paper Prize Finalist, Strategic Management Society, 2018
- Krannert Certificate for Distinguished Teaching, Krannert School of Management, Purdue University, 2018
- NAVER Corporation, Finance Department