Situation Status Report
Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 | 10:30 P.M.
Accumulating snowfall will overspread the region Tuesday evening as a storm system passes over the area. Moderate to occasionally heavy snow will then be followed by a period light freezing drizzle and rain before precipitation comes to an end late Wednesday morning. Snow accumulations combined with light icing will result in reduced visibilities and dangerous driving conditions late tonight and early Wednesday.
Current Advisories/Watches/Warnings Johnson County, MO
- Hazardous Weather Outlook
- Winter Weather Advisory in effect from February 19, 04:00 PM CST until February 20, 09:00 AM CST
(Click links for more information!)
Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 33. East wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Freezing rain, possibly mixed with snow before 5am, then a chance of freezing rain. Low around 29. East wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
A chance of freezing drizzle, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. South southeast wind 7 to 13 mph becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
- Johnson County EMA is monitoring the forecast and has briefed our emergency support functions and state stakeholders.
- EMA does not expect to activate the Emergency Operations Center, but will activate if the situation warrants.
- EMA Operations staff will monitor the weather with our Public Safety, Transportation, and other appropriate partners.
- This is an advisory only, and no actions are requested at this time.
- No request for resources has been received.
School Closures | Johnson County
- Kingsville School District
- Knob Noster Schools
- Chilhowee R-IV School District
- Holden R-III School District
- Crest Ridge Schools
- Warrensburg R-VI School District
- Johnson County Christian Academy
- Leeton R-X School District
Local Government Impacts | City of Warrensburg
- The City of Warrensburg has issued a Phase 1 Snow Emergency; Tuesday, February 19, 8pm through Wednesday February 20, 12 noon
Please maintain situational awareness and standby for additional information from Johnson County EMA as additional updates will be issued if applicable.