Jin LEE, Ph. D.
Senior Research Engineer
Thermal and Fluid Sciences (TFS) Department
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC)
411 Silver Lane, East Hartford, CT 06108
Jin LEE is a research engineer at UTRC, working on the aerodynamics and acoustics in turbomachinery CFD. He received his Ph.D. degree from KAIST in 2014 (thesis research at KAIST and Imperial College London), and received the outstanding dissertation award in 2015 from the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers (KSME). Before joining UTRC, he investigated the transitional boundary layer at Johns Hopkins University as a postdoctoral fellow. His research area encompasses from the direct numerical simulation (DNS) of complex flows to the RANS/LES simulation of the turbomachinery flow.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD): Navier-Stokes and Lattice-Boltzmann
- Turbulent-Flow Analysis for Mechanical/Aerospace Applications
- Aerodynamics and Acoustics
- Data-driven Turbulence Modeling (e.g., Machine Learning for RANS)
- Drag Reduction and Heat Transfer
- Non-Newtonian Fluid