I am an associate professor (førsteamanuensis) at NTNU (Norway).
Before that I was a postdoc at KIT (Germany) in the group of Dennis Hofheinz. In July 2016 I obtained my PhD from Ruhr-University Bochum (Germany) under the supervision of Eike Kiltz. I am interested in theoretical and practical cryptography in general. Currently, I am working on public-key primitives with tight security and modular transformations which can be efficiently instantiated. The cryptographic systems I am interested in are digital signature, (identity-based) encryption and (non-interactive) zero-knowledge systems. Recently, I am also interested in quantum-secure lattice-based cryptography.
Email: My address from KIT is expired now. Please use the one ended with NTNU.no.
- Started my lecture on Cryptography
- I will serve as a PC member of CT-RSA 2021. Please submit your best work!
- Three papers got accepted at ASIACRYPT 2020, ESORICS 2020, and Journal of Cryptology!
- Unbounded HIBE with Tight Security
with Roman Langrehr (appeared at ASIACRYPT 2020, full version)
- Signatures with Tight Multi-User Security from Search Assumptions
with Magnus Ringerud (appeared at ESORICS 2020)
- Hierarchical Identity-Based Encryption with Tight Multi-Challenge Security
with Roman Langrehr (appeared at PKC 2020, full version)
- Shorter QA-NIZK and SPS with Tighter Security
with Masayuki Abe, Charanjit Jutla, Miyako Ohkubo, Arnab Roy, and Yuyu Wang (appeared at ASIACRYPT 2019, full version).
- Tightly Secure Hierarchical Identity-Based Encryption
with Roman Langrehr (appeared at PKC 2019, full version). Invited and accepted to Journal of Cryptology.
- Identity-Based Encryption Tightly Secure Under Chosen-Ciphertext Attacks
with Dennis Hofheinz and Dingding Jia (appeared at ASIACRYPT 2018, full version).
- Simple and More Efficient PRFs with Tight Security from LWE and Matrix-DDH
with Tibor Jager and Rafael Kurek (appeared at ASIACRYPT 2018, full version)
- More Efficient (Almost) Tightly Secure Structure-Preserving Signatures
with Romain Gay, Dennis Hofheinz, and Lisa Kohl (appeared at EUROCRYPT 2018, full version)
- Tightly-Secure Signatures from Five-Move Identification Protocols
with Eike Kiltz and Julian Loss (appeared at ASIACRYPT 2017, full version)
- Compact Structure-Preserving Signatures with Almost Tight Security
with Masayuki Abe, Dennis Hofheinz, Ryo Nishimaki, and Miyako Ohkubo (appeared at CRYPTO 2017, full version)
- Optimal Security Proofs for Signatures from Identification Schemes
with Eike Kiltz and Daniel Masny (appeared at CRYPTO 2016, full version)
- Unified Security Model of Authenticated Key Exchange with Specific Adversarial Capabilities
with Weiqiang Wen and Libin Wang (appeared at journal of IET Information Security)
- Structure-Preserving Signatures from Standard Assumptions, Revisited
with Eike Kiltz and Hoeteck Wee (appeared at CRYPTO 2015, full version)
- Tightly-Secure Signatures from Chameleon Hash Functions
with Olivier Blazy, Saqib A. Kakvi, and Eike Kiltz (appeared at PKC 2015, full version)
- (Hierarchical) Identity-Based Encryption from Affine Message Authentication
with Olivier Blazy, and Eike Kiltz (appeared at CRYPTO 2014, full version)
You can check my DBLP for my latest publications.
- Cryptography (NTNU, Fall 2020)
- Digital Signatures (Lecture at KIT, Winter semester 2018/2019)
- Cryptographic Protocols (Tutorial at RUB, Summer semester 2015)
- Several student seminars at both KIT and RUB
- Roman Langrehr (MA): Unbounded HIBE with Better Security
- Benedikt Wagner (BA): Tightly Secure Blind Signatures
- Julia Kastner (MA): On Knowledge Assumptions and the Algebraic Group Model
- Roman Langrehr (BA): Identity-based Cryptography from Affine MACs
- Roman Langrehr from KIT, from 2018 to 2019.