Your privacy is critically important to us. At Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc., we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are self-conscientious about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
One More Thing: This Policy Is Available Under a Creative Commons ShareAlike License
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers:
Bonjour! We are the folks behind a locally owned jewelry store who are on a mission to reinvent the jewelry business with next-level technology. We aim to make the overall shopping experience convenient for customers who are wanting to create and purchase custom-made jewelry between in-store and online shopping.
- Our website orlandparkjewelers.com
- Other products and services of ours that are available on or through our websites or product pages on third-party platforms (including Facebook, Google My Business, Google Plus, and Stuller Showcase).
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect:
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Communication Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to successfully respond and follow up on any inquiries in regards to you. For example, we require individuals who message us on Facebook Messenger to provide us an e-mail address–and that’s it. You may provide us with more information–like your cell phone number–but we don’t require that information to answer any questions unless starting a job order.
- Customer Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide to your customer profile. For example, if you have an account, your e-mail is part of that customer profile, along with any other information you put into your customer profile. Your customer profile is just that–your information for us to work with you as a customer–so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you purchase, or are in the process of making a purchase from us, then you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use to contact us, you may also provide us with information about you and your prospective job in published message(s) over said communication platform ie: Facebook Messenger or e-mail. For example, if you share you have an allergy to a specific type of metal, we will accommodate you however we can while fulfilling your job order. We do not keep any medically related allergies, or anything personally identifying like medical issues, on your customer profile.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, we may get information from third-party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc. and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc. and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc. and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc., third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public over social media is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public social media profile, posts, your “likes”, other content that you make public on your public social media profile, and comments on other websites that use our Services, are all available to others! Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc.’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc. websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Jewelry, Gems & Design Co. Inc. is a locally owned jewelry store that uses the worldwide web to conduct business over. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
If you’d like to use third-party software like social media plugins with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use, and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third-party software.
- January 24, 2018: Revised and reorganized language throughout to help simplify the policy and clarify our practices. Updated Creative Commons license from 2.5 to 4.0.