- Ph.D., Economics, George Mason University
- M.A., Economics, George Mason University
- B.A., Economics, Philosophy, Wofford College
- Published and In Press
- Monitoring and Employee Shirking: Evidence from MLB Umpires. Journal of Sports Economics, Forthcoming.
- Determinants of Revenue in Sports Leagues: An Empirical Assessment. Economic Inquiry. 2019, 57: 121-140..
- Full Cost of Attendance Scholarships and College Choice: Evidence from NCAA Football (with Joshua Pitts), Journal of Sports Economics, 2018, 19: 977-989.
- Hired To Be Fired: The Publicity Value of Managers. Managerial and Decision Economics, 2017, 38: 929-940.
- Monopsony and Competition: The Impact of Rival Leagues on Player Salaries during the Early Days of Baseball, Explorations in Economic History, 2017, 65: 55-67.
- Working papers
- Determinants of Attendance in Major League Soccer
- Do Targeted Tax Credits Generate Economic Development? Evidence from Movie Production Incentives
- What Explains Labor's Declining Share of Revenue in Major League Baseball?
- Searching for Illicit Behavior through Changes in Productivity: The Case of Roger Clemens and Performance-Enhancing Drugs
- Performance Analysis
- Athlete Valuation
- Sports Labor Issues