Jorge A. Perez
Assistant professor (tenure track - UD1) at the Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics, Computer Science, and AI, University of Groningen (NL).
My research group is Fundamental Computing.
I am also affiliated with:
- Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), Formal Methods group (Associated member)
- NOVA LINCS: NOVA Laboratory for Computer Science and Informatics (Integrated member)
Rigorous programming models for concurrent, distributed, and communication-centric computation.
I am especially interested in:
- Logical foundations of concurrency, most notably the Curry-Howard correspondence for Concurrency (CHoCo).
- Verification and reasoning techniques: type systems (e.g., session types), logics, behavioral equivalences (e.g., bisimulation).
- The expressive power of core programming languages for concurrency.
Selected Recent Papers
- TFP'18 Reversible Choreographies in Haskell
- FORTE'18 Relating Process Languages for Security and Communication Correctness (Extended Abstract)
- Lectures on RV Runtime Verification for Decentralised and Distributed Systems
- PPDP'17 Causally Consistent Reversible Choreographies
- FORTE'17 Session-Based Concurrency, Reactively
- JLAMP Reversibility in Session-Based Concurrency: A Fresh Look
- ESOP'17 Linearity, Control Effects, and Behavioral Types
- FORTE'16 Multiparty Session Types Within A Canonical Binary Theory, and Beyond
- ESOP'16 On the Relative Expressiveness of Higher-Order Session Processes
- CONCUR'15 Characteristic Bisimulations for Higher-Order Session Processes
- PPDP'15 Declarative Interpretations of Session-Based Concurrency
- EXPRESS/SOS'15 Comparing Deadlock-Free Session Typed Processes