My research is primarily in number theory and arithmetic geometry. I am particularly interested in arithmetic statistics and the Cohen-Lenstra heuristics. I have also done research in machine learning, in the areas of generative models and unsupervised learning.
Here is my CV.
office: MS388 (Mathematical Sciences Building)
Publications and Preprints
- Learning latent subspaces in variational autoencoders (Jack Klys, Jake Snell, Richard Zemel). 2018. 32nd Neural Information Processing Systems
- Moments of unramified 2-group extensions of quadratic fields. 2017. (preprint)
- The distribution of H8-extensions of quadratic fields (with Brandon Alberts). 2016. (submitted for publication)
- The distribution of p-torsion in degree p cyclic fields. 2016. (submitted for publication)
- Reflection principles for class groups. 2017. Journal of Number Theory. 177: 328-352.
- Nonstandard methods for bounds in differential polynomial rings. (with Matthew Harrison-Trainor and Rahim Moosa). 2012. Journal of Algebra. 360: 71-86.
- github Code for various projects I've worked on