how do we improve in-season?
As the drivers focus on qualifying during Race Week, they can also try to boost their skills in a certain area. Using the Race Practise form, drivers can practise so that their skills align with those that the track requires.
Each driver may practise once per week, and the order must be in by 5pm Thursdays (GMT) for them to be counted.
When a practise request is processed, as part of the weekly turnover, a check will be made, with the following chances of success shown. If there is success, it'll be reported in the In The Media section.
Please note: it is possible these rules will change over the season as we see the true effects.
- Developing a temporary quality (Reflex, Skill, Star, Smart, Control, Heat): 35%
- Starring an existing quality: 10%
- Adding an extra Gas Pedal (to a maximum of 5): 35%
- Adding an extra Brake Pedal (to a maximum of 3): 35%
- Improving Pit Grade (to a maximum of B): 35% of one letter, 20% of two letters, 10% of three letters.
- Improving Escape Rating (to a maximum of 11): 35% chance of going up one, 20% chance of going up two, 10% chance of going up three.
- Improving Fast Pit Rating (to a maximum of 11): 35% chance of going up one, 20% chance of going up two, 10% chance of going up three.
- Improving Trophy (to a maximum of Gold): 35% to go up one level, with 5% chance of automatically gaining gold.
There is also a very rare chance that, when practising, the improvement is permanent instead of temporary. This will be noted on the In The Media box.