What is the Illinois School Health Association?
The Illinois School Health Association promotes the development of coordinated school health programs to enhance the health and well-being of school-aged children and their families. This website strives to provide comprehensive and current information, support, and resources for professionals providing health education and coordinated health services to this population.
- To be advocates, as a group and as individuals, for coordinated school health programs of the highest quality in Illinois schools.
- To serve as a consulting and coordinating agency for all segments in the administration of coordinated school health programs.
- To act as a liaison between individuals and health organizations, educational institutions, and professional associations to better utilize all community resources in addressing the health problems of children and youth.
- To make recommendations and/or resolutions on all phases of school health programs to appropriate individuals and governing bodies.
- To encourage recruitment and employment of well qualified professionally prepared persons in the fields of school health.
- To encourage the collaboration of all individuals and agency representatives interested in school health for the enhancement of experiences, the maintenance of interest, and the cultivation of understanding and support for each other.
- To recognize, through appropriate awards, individuals and groups who have made outstanding contributions to school health in Illinois.