What does PTSA Do?
What Does IHS PTSA Do?
Irvington PTSA is dedicated to working with administrators, staff, students and parents to make IHS the best possible environment for learning.
Your membership dues support PTSAs work in important activities such as:
- Parent Education - We schedule seminars in college preparedness and acceptance, student wellness, and academic and extra-curriculum programs.
- Health and Safety - We stocks the emergency kits for each classroom. We also host a Personal Emergency Preparedness Seminar for the community.
- Dances – We provide coat-check, hydration and snacks at the four dances events.
- Scholarships - We are proud to honor four IHS seniors with $500 scholarships. To be eligible, seniors must be members of the PTSA with joining date before November 30th.
- Testing week nourishment - We coordinate large donations from the community and parents to provide a light breakfast to every student during the week of testing.
- Staff Appreciation - We appreciate the hard work that all the teachers and the staff do every day. We host several hospitality events to show our appreciation.
- Technology - We provide financial support towards purchasing a plagiarism detection tool that is used school wide - TurnitIn.com, a research database subscription used for the benchmark programs, as well as other technology needs at IHS.
IHS PTSA is a member of National PTA, a portion of our membership dues goes to National, State, District, and Fremont Council PTA.