We periodically also offer on-site courses. However, even with these, we always include the online option because there are many advantages to having the continuity of a support-group of other students and mentors wherever you are in the world. When designed well this can become an important supportive community for your permaculture design work in your local context and the world.
Reasons to study Integral Permaculture with our online community:
- You'll pay much less than in any other permaculture course at each level thanks to the complementary currency we use to exchange work within our network.
- You won't have to travel and so will not be donating part of your hard-earned money to transport multinationals.
- The Integral Permaculture Academy is a non-profit organization: ALL income is re-invested in permaculture projects.
- Our tutors and mentors be with you wherever you are, and so will the other students you connect with.
- You'll be able to study with the multimedia classes from your own home, at your own pace; you choose the timetable that is right for you.
- You only need a computer with an Internet connection, a wish to learn permaculture and some time.
- We will support you in developing designs to put into practice in your real life, applying all you learn on the course.
- You'll complete the designs you've been working on already but couldn't finish, so you can improve your own life and the environment you live in.
- Our team of mentors will support you in every step of your journey.
- You'll get to know more people like you in our international community.
- You'll learn from other designs that are being developed, and it will also stimulate your imagination.
- You can practice your Spanish, if you're interested in doing so (everything we teach is bilingual).
- We'll support you to create an effective support group (as well as Transition Groups).
- We will also guide you to form local Study Circles if you want to learn with friends and coleagues, wherever you are.
- You'll reduce your footprint on the planet because you don't have to use any kind of transportation to take the course.
- You won't have to worry about the costs that being out of your home for 15 days (or more) implies.
- You will still gain practical experience via your design portfolio, and we also provide practical exercises to complete with every class.