My name is Insu Han. I am currently a Ph.D. student in the School of Electrical Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), advised by Jinwoo Shin. I recieved an M.S. in Electrical engineering and a B.S. in Electrical Engineering and Mathematics (minored) from KAIST.
My research interests focus on algorithm design and analysis for large-scale machine learning and its applications.
E-mail: insu.han at kaist dot ac dot kr
Office: IT Bld, N1 917
- M.S., Electrical and Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- B.S., Electrical and Engineering (minored in Mathematics), Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Faster Greedy MAP Inference for Determinantal Point Processes, Insu Han, Prabhanjan Kambadur, Kyoungsoo Park and Jinwoo Shin International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2017
- Approximating Spectral Sums of Large-scale Matrices using Stochastic Chebyshev Approximations, Insu Han, Dmitry Malioutov, Haim Avron and Jinwoo Shin, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing (SISC) 2017 (accepted to appear)
- Large-scale Log-determinant Computation through Stochastic Chebyshev Expansions, Insu Han, Dmitry Malioutov, and Jinwoo Shin, International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2015