2022-23 New Student Enrollment
Thank you for your interest!
STEP 1: COMPLETE AN ADMISSIONS INTEREST APPLICATION
Complete an interest form to tell us about you to see if iHigh Virtual Academy is the right fit for your student. Click on the button below to get started. ADMISSIONS INTEREST APPLICATION
Elementary (K-5) Enrollment Windows (If space is available)
Aug 29th- Sept 16th
Nov 7th- Dec 7th
Feb 27th-Mar 10th
Secondary (6-12) Enrollment Windows (If space is available)
Aug 29th- Sept 16th
Jan 23th- Feb 3rd
¡Gracias por su interés!
PASO 1: COMPLETE UNA SOLICITUD DE INTERÉS DE ADMISIÓN
Enrollment Steps for New Students
Enrollment Steps - English
- Check to see if you live within the San Diego Unified School District (SDUSD) boundaries.
At this time, iHigh is Not accepting out-of-district students.
- About SDUSD and map of the district: Link to Map
- School Finder (to determine if your address is within SDUSD): School Finder
- Find your school of residency and district: GreatSchools.org
Your student must reside within SDUSD boundaries to attend a SDUSD school, including iHigh Virtual Academy!
California Education Code requires to prioritize enrollment of SDUSD residents, which cannot be displaced by non-residents or out-of-district students. An inter-district attendance permit must be reviewed and approved by NSEO before enrollment can be completed.
- Does your student have an IEP? Parents or Guardians of students with IEPs must connect with your student’s case manager at your CURRENT school to begin the enrollment process.
- Orientation Meeting with a School Counselor. A school counselor or administrator will reach out and schedule an orientation intake interview. If iHigh Virtual Academy is a right fit for your student, enrollment paperwork will be issued.
- Complete an Enrollment Packet.
- Provide the following documents:
- Birth certificate or non-expired passport
- Immunization records
- Transcripts (unofficial, for grades 8-12 only)
- Proof of residency
The California Department of Education requires that schools verify the residence of their students upon enrollment. A parent or legal guardian may establish residency with a wide range of documents.
Note: The document must have the address where the student resides in the name of a parent/legal guardian.
This is proof of RESIDENCE, and is NOT a proof of mailing address.
A copy of one or more of the following current dated documents are acceptable to establish residence (where the student lives with parent/guardian) within a school’s attendance area:
- A recent utility statement from SDG&E, land phone, water, cable. It must be within the last 60 days and can not be PAST DUE.
- A verifiable rental agreement or rent payment receipts (listing current term/dates/signatures)
- Property tax payment receipts
- Mortgage documents
- Military housing orders up to 6 months in advance
Enrollment Steps - Spanish
Verifique si vive dentro de los límites del Distrito Escolar Unificado de San Diego (SDUSD).