Friendship Exchange is an international exchange program for Rotary members and friends that allows participants to take turns hosting one another in their homes and clubs. Participants may travel as individuals, couples, families, or groups, and may be Rotary members or not.
- Broaden international understanding
- Explore professions in a different context
- Build enduring friendships
- Establish a foundation for peace and service
- Gain opportunities for active project support
- Learn about a region’s people, food, languages, customs, and history
- Find partners for grants
Choose a destination
Explore our Exchange Finder Map to view current exchange locations and the districts that serve them. Connect with the district’s Rotary Friendship Exchange chair for help finding potential international hosts and planning your itinerary.
Define your purpose
Friendship exchanges are organized around at least one of three themes: culture, service, and vocation.
Fund your exchange
All exchanges are paid for by the participants or their districts. Hosts are not expected to assume a significant financial burden. Club or district funds may be available to offset the costs of exchanges that have a vocational emphasis.