Central Kids Rotorua East Kindergarten are excited to be bringing you ibike4kids Rotorua 2019, one of the many events involved in the Rotorua Bike Festival this year.
A fun event for kids who love being on their bikes!
ibike4kids Rotorua is an event run by Central Kids Rotorua East Kindergarten with the support of the hard working ibike4kids team down in Palmerston North. Participants can choose between a short, medium or long course and can also test their talents on the skills course. There is also the 'balance bike' section, just for the little ones under 5 riding balance bikes. The event is an off-road cycling event aimed at children from 2 years up to 15 years of age.
ibike4kids Rotorua aims to get children of all ages into the forest for a fun ride. It is the perfect opportunity for children to get out there and give it a go without the pressure of competing for the win.
WHERE IS THE EVENT?
ibike4kids Rotorua will be held in the mountain bike park on Waipa State Mill Road, Whakarewarewa off State Highway 5 on the way to Taupo. Facilities here include a cafe, drinking water and toilets.
Balance bikes - Undulating section in the forest with (small kids loop) with flat section. Approx 800m - 1km. Suitable for Under 5's on Balance Bikes
Children need to be accompanied on this course*
Short - Forest Riding, uneven surface. Needs to be confident riding over bumps. Approx 3 kms. Recommended for 5-6 year olds or beginners.
Parents can run alongside if required*.
Medium - Forest Riding, Some small hills, uneven surfaces. Recommended for 7 years +. Approx 5 kms.
Child will be riding on their own (No Parents allowed on course)
Long - . Recommended for 9 years + competent riders. Forest riding, grade 2-3, some hills and down hills. Approx 10 kms.
*If you need an adult to ride with you, the only option is the Short course or Balance bike course. No adults permitted to ride on the Medium and Long courses please.
EVENT RULES YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ENTER
- Participants must ensure their bike is in a safe condition before entering the event.
- Helmets and shoes must be worn.
- This is NOT a race. It is a fun family event; there are no prizes for winning.
- Geared bikes are not essential. BMX style bikes are adequate.
- Bikes with trainer wheels or non-pedalling bikes are allowed to enter the Balance bike COURSE ONLY.
- Bikes with Trainer wheels will find the terrain difficult due to the uneven ground. If at all possible we recommend no training wheels. Please feel free to email if you have any questions you may have regarding this.
- The event will run whether it is wet or fine, however if the conditions are terrible then a call will be made to cancel the event for the safety of all riders. There will be no refunds.
- The course is open to the public at all times.
- Marshals will be stationed around the course to assist riders and control pedestrians.
- There will be lead and tail riders for each group.
- Spectators must stay behind the tape/barriers in the start/finish areas.
- Event organisers reserve the right to change the course for safety reasons.
- All Balance bike riders must be accompanied by a person over 10 years either walking or running.
- Under 6 year olds should be accompanied by a person over 10 years old either walking, running, or biking in Short course only.
- No accompanying riders on the medium or long course.
- All accompanying riders must wear a helmet.
- The Event manager’s decision is final for any disputes.