Hyoseok Hwang (황효석), Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Department of Software at Gachon University (Seongnam, Korea)
Office : Room #316 @ Woongji Hall
Tel : +82-31-750-8920
Email: hshwang at gachon.ac.kr
Hyoseok Hwang is an assistant professor of Department of Software at Gachon University, Korea. He received his Ph.D. from Department of Electrical Engineering at Korea Advanced Institute of Technology (KAIST) in 2017, advised by prof. In So Kweon. From 2009 to 2018, he worked at Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology(SAIT) of Samsung Electronics as a Senior Researcher. His interests focus on computer vision and machine learning for intelligent robot, autonomous navigation, and augmented reality(AR).
- Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering, KAIST, 2017. (Advisor: In So Kweon)
- M. S. in Robotics, KAIST, 2009. (Advisor: In So Kweon)
- B. S. in Mechanical Engineering, Yonsei University, 2004.
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Software, College of Information and Technology, Gachon University, Feb. 2018 - Current
- Senior Researcher, Multimedia Processing Lab., Device & System Research Center, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT), Samsung Electronics, 2011 - 2018.
- Engineer, Robot Development Team, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Technology Center, Samsung Electronics, 2009 - 2011.
- Discrete Mathematics
- Operating System