Horror Movies For Halloween
Top 6 Horror Movies For Halloween
Horror as a genre is gradually making its way back into the mainstream. As Halloween slowly draws closer - the perfect time to release a new horror flick - I thought I'd take a look at the best movies the genre has seen.
6. The Shining Originally written by horror powerhouse Stephen King, and converted to the screen by Kubrick, The Shining is a chilling story of a father possessed by an evil spirit in an isolated hotel. As is the case with all Kubrick movies, the cinematography is stunning. A feeling of unease descends upon you about ten minutes into the movie and refuses to budge until the credits at the end. Again, a must see.
5. The Blair Witch Project The Marmite of the movie world. You either love the closeness of this indy flick, or you can't stand the continually-shaking camera and the snot scene. But the reason this movie is so good is that it plays on your imagination in ways that Jeepers Creepers et al. don't. You never see the 'monster' in the Blair Witch Project, which is, quite simply brilliant. Thanks, Myrick and Sanchez, you did it.
4. SAW Yes, here it is - the first movie that began a legacy of movies and inspired a ride at Thorpe Park. Saw was rather iconic as we all sat and watched Jigsaw play his sordid and sadistic games with people who he deemed to have messed up their lives with their own grubby actions. A clever twist made the movie stand out from the crowd and certainly put in on people's radars. 4. Eden Lake I only watched this movie recently and was pleasantly surprised. Directed by James Watkins and starring the little one from This Is England, Eden Lake plays on the very real threat of unruly knife-wielding hoodies and what they are capable of when left to their own devices. After a mediocre start, the movie bursts into action and ticks all the right boxes in terms of suspense, horror, and nail-biteability. Quite simply, a must-see.
3. Event Horizon Horror or sci-fi? Event Horizon bridges the gap between the two genres and tells the story of a ship that has traveled through a black hole and back. It turns out the ship has been some sort of hell and is now the residence of a devil-like being that feeds on fear. Very atmospheric and very tense throughout and well worth a spot in the top three.
2. The Human Centipede Tom Six you are one messed up person. Quite how you came up with the idea for this I'll never know, but it is, quite simply one of the sickest movies I have ever seen, complete with poor porn-movie acting to boot. If you haven't heard anything about this movie, go and google it now. Bucket at the ready.
1. Paranormal Activity This is my list, so I'll choose what's at the best. And Paranormal Activity absolutely deserves its place at the top as being one of the only movies to have ever sent a shiver down my spine. Another indie flick, Paranormal Activity cost just $15K to make, only stars a handful of actors, and plays on your subconscious mind throughout. Like the Blair Witch Project, you never actually see the monster, only the effect of its actions. There's a sequel out this Halloween which so far looks pretty good. Here's hoping it doesn't follow in the BWP's footsteps by making the sequel nothing short of an embarrassment.
You can watch all these movies on internet for free on Fmovies websites who provides you all movies in free in HD quality and high buffering speed.