Bongolo Hospital, Gabon AFRICA
Needs List for 2018:
Recent Letter and Needs List, with Urgent Needs
Dear co-laborers in the ministry of the Bongolo Hospital, January 3, 2019
We want to wish all of Bongolo Hospital ministry partners a wonderful 2019. We so appreciate all the help you have been in this ministry through-out the years! Dr. Renee Valach wrote recently that around 1,400 people have decided to follow Jesus in 2018. She asks for prayer concerning some needs: for more Gabonese nurses, a long-term primary care missionary doctor, and a project manager to coordinate the construction and infrastructure projects.
There will be a shipment going out this year and the packages are to arrive at ARK Transportation between Jan. 15th to Feb. 28th. (The 2017-2018 Needs list that you can find on the Great Commission Women's web site is still current.) The items listed below are some things that are more urgent.
If you should have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me or call. Serving together, Coleen Lofgren
Here are some urgently needed items at this time:
a. Centrum (or similar with all the trace minerals) multivitamins for adults & children. Please don’t send the round or gumball Centrum children, but the chewable ones for kids under 4 years old.
b. Delivery room and OR table covers made out of flat sheets (see instructions below)**
c. Sterilization wraps * especially 36" x 36" & 48" x 48" (out of cotton or cotton/polyester)
d. TUMs or Rolaids (with Calcium)
e. Benadryl (generic is OK) pills or capsules
f. preemie diapers sizes p & xp
g. 3-4" wide rolled sheet bandages (we are almost out of them) Please use a narrow length of sheet to secure them as rubber bands disintegrate and nurses take the nice ribbons off them to use
h. Dr. Wendy Hofman, the eye doctor would like small items like stickers, small toys; Meladee Davis
would like small toys, smaller pillow case dresses and shorts (for boys) and "mama packs".
i. If you have items that are not on this list or the list on the Great Commission Women's
needs list, just contact me (see below)
1. The packages should be no larger than a total of 72 inches (length + height + width) unless you have special permission. Please limit different types of items to 3-4 per box and put each type of item in its own plastic bag for easier sorting at the hospital.
2. Send the boxes to: ARK Transportation %Gabon Shipment Bongolo Hospital, 17830 Englewood Drive, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 between Jan. 15-Feb. 28th
3. Please e-mail Gabon’s shipment coordinator, Linda Chae at firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to me, Coleen Lofgren email@example.com with the following information: ++If you plan on driving the packages to the port, please contact Linda Chae as to when you plan to be there.++
-Church and address
-Contact’s name, phone number and e-mail address
-Total number of boxes sent. Please label each box by letter and numbers, for example, if your church is in Plain View, Iowa and you’re sending 2 boxes, you might choose PVI#1, PVI#2. Please include the two letter state abbreviation in your label as there are a lot of churches with the same name as First Alliance Church.
-The dimensions rounded to the nearest inch and the cubic feet of each package (multiply the height, length and depth in inches and divide by 1728)
-Category of items as one of the following: personal effect, medicine, medical equipment or food.
- List the items and quantities. You can group items together. For example, instead of listing 23 3” rolled bandages and 23 5” ones, just put 46 rolled bandages. Linda C. will price the items, so you don’t have to do that.
- The Gabon field has now determined that the cost of the shipment overseas and down to the Bongolo Hospital has increased to $15 per cubic foot. We ask you to send that amount for your packages to the Finance Department of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (8595 Explorer Drive, Colorado Springs, CO. 80920). On the check memo write Bongolo Hospital Med Supp. /Shipping account number 09037-4340.
- If you have items you think might be useful, but are not on the list, please e-mail me or call me at 218-245-2706.
Please let other churches know about the shipment.
Once again, that you for your generous giving!
* Instructions for sterilization wraps: finished sizes wanted are 12” x 12”, 24” x 24”, 36” x 36”. 48” x 48”. You can make them out of gently used cotton and cotton/polyester material or sheets or old cloth tablecloths. Don’s use flannel as it is too loose a weave. Preferred colors are blue, green or white solid (others accepted though). To make them, cut the material 1/2” larger than the size wanted. They are to be double thickness, with the seams on the inside. After sewing the two pieces of material, turn it inside right, then sew a seam about 1/2” around the entire square and then an “X” from corner to corner. This way, when they are washed, they will stay in place. Questions? Call me at 218-245-2706.
**Instructions for delivery table sheets: use flat sheets twin or full size, any color, out of cotton or cotton/polyester. Fold sheet in half so it is 48” x 66” (twin) or 48”x 81” (full). Sew or Zig-zag around the entire doubled sheet, including the folded side, close to the edge. Then measure half way down (33” or 40.1”) and sew across the sheet.
**Mama Packs https://www.greatcommissionwomen.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/WEB-