Hanyang Liu 劉瀚陽
"Keep staying out of the comfort zone."
I received my M. Eng. degree and B. Eng. degree from the Northwestern Polytechnical University, in 2017 and 2014. During my graduate program, I was fortunate to be advised by Prof. Junwei Han and Prof. Feiping Nie.
My CV is here [pdf].
Email: ericstarkhan [at] gmail.com
hanyang.liu [at] outlook.com
My research interests include machine learning and its applications in computer vision and natural language processing. In particular, I'm interested in semi-supervised learning, constrained clustering, and syntactic analysis.
Northwestern Polytechnical University [Link], China
- M. Eng. in Control Engineering | School of Automation, 2014-2017
- B. Eng. in Measurement and Control Technology & Instrument | School of Automation, 2010-2014
National Chung Hsing University [Link], Taiwan (China)
- Visiting Student | Department of Mechanics, 2012
- Hanyang Liu, Junwei Han, Feiping Nie. Semi-supervised Orthogonal Graph Embedding with Recursive Projections. International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2017. [pdf] [code]
- Hanyang Liu, Junwei Han, Feiping Nie, Xuelong Li. Balanced Clustering with Least Square Regression. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2017. (Spotlight) [pdf] [code]
- Junwei Han, Hanyang Liu, Feiping Nie. A Local and Global Discriminative Framework and Optimization for Balanced Clustering. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (T-NNLS), 2018. (IF = 7.982) [pdf]
Honors & Awards
The 7th Place | China Telecom National Big Data Algorithm Contest, 2016
Outstanding Position Paper & Distinguished Delegation | National Model United Nations, New York, 2014
National Endeavor Scholarship | Top 3% merit college students, 2013
The First Prize Scholarship | Top 10% students in NPU, 2010-2013, 2015
“Merit Student”, “Excellent Student Cadre”, & “Excellent League Member” | School Awards, 2010-2013