CALL FOR PAPERS - HIMAS 2020
The International Workshop on Healthcare Intelligent Multi-Agent Systems (HIMAS) 2020.
Workshop website: https://sites.google.com/view/himas2020/
Auckland, New Zealand.
9-13th May 2020.
Aims and scope of HIMAS
This HIMAS workshop will run as part of the Nineteenth International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS2020), as shown on list of accepted workshops.
Submissions should concern the use of software agents (either bound to physical devices or not) in the healthcare context, e.g.: equipment and drug inventory management, patients clinical record and follow-up management, patient monitoring in hospital or at home, planning patient transportation and interventions, etc.
Topics of interest include:
- Agent-based methods for medical image segmentation or classification
- Agent-based decision support systems for disease diagnosis
- Agent-based medical data processing, such as EMR management and exchange, healthcare data streams from Internet of Things, HIS interoperability and integration
- Mobile agents in hospital environments
- Patient empowerment and chronic disease self-management through personalized agent-based systems and models
- Intelligent agents that provide autonomous and remote care delivery
- Clinical agent-based decision support systems, including recommender systems
- Conversational agents and personal digital assistants for patient empowerment
- Intelligent agents delivering information about discovery, lookup, fruition of medical services
- Intelligent agents for patient monitoring and assisting diagnosis
- Agent-based information retrieval for gathering, aggregating, processing, and organizing various medical data available on Internet
- Legal and ethical issues related to the use of software agents in health care
- Surveys providing an up to date view of the state of the art in the area of agents in health care
- Agent technology for preference learning as in the case of personal activity trainers
- Agent technology for resource planning and task allocation in hospital environment
Journal Publication - Submission instructions
All papers accepted and presented at HIMAS2020 will be published in the prestigious: Journal of Medical Systems (JMS), Springer, Impact 2.4, H-index 63, Quartile 2, Established 1977. The HIMAS2020 papers will form a dedicated topical collection, to appear rapidly as continual publishing through 2020. Springer Journal of Medical Systems Website: https://link.springer.com/journal/10916
Manuscripts can be prepared according to the Springer JMS Journal format guidelines: Use MS-Word or LaTeX, 10-point Times Roman, Single column.
- Original Research Articles – limited to 3,000 words
- Review Articles – limited to 4,500 words.
- Brief Technical Report – limited to 1,500 words, with 2 figures or tables, around 15 references.
Initial manuscripts should be submitted on EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=himas2020
After acceptance, manuscripts can be submitted through the Springer JMS Journal by selecting HIMAS2020 as the category: https://www.editorialmanager.com/joms/
No second round of reviews will be required, so the accepted papers can be the published Journal papers.
Papers submitted to HIMAS 2020 must describe original research results and must not have been published or simultaneously submitted anywhere else. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews by members of the program committee. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, technical clarity, and quality of presentation.
One paper will be selected by the organisers as the HIMAS2020 Best Paper Award, with certificate from HIMAS2020 organisers.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the HIMAS 2020 and present the paper in Auckland, NZ.
Best Paper Award and Book Publication
In addition to the journal publication, a selection of best papers will be identified from across all AAMAS workshops and published by the AAMAS organisers in a Springer Book of AAMAS2020 Best Papers. Here is the book from last year: https://www.springer.com/br/book/9783319716817
- Paper Submission:
7th Feb 2020Extended to 21st Feb 2020 (This is final extension).
- Notification: 10th March 2020.
- Early registration: 15th March.
- Camera Ready: 1st April.
- Conference: 9-13th May 2020.
HIMAS 2020 will be co-located with the International AAMAS conference: https://aamas2020.conference.auckland.ac.nz/
Participants may reserve rooms in several of the nearby Hotels. As the symposium will be held alongside AAMAS, the organizers recommend a timely reservation of rooms as participants may also plan to attend other sessions as part of AAMAS.
In Greek Mythology, Himas is the father of Plouto and grandfather of Tantalus.