The word biathlon is from the Greek word meaning "two tests". The sport of biathlon combines the endurance, speed and skill of cross-country skiing with the concentration of precision rifle shooting, confronting athletes with a very demanding overall physical and mental challenge. This exciting combination of endurance and focus is precisely what makes this sport so fun and rewarding.
Our full-spectrum of biathlon programs follow the Long-Term Athlete Development principles developed by Sport Canada.
- Our Jackrabbits and Track Attack programs include introductory biathlon activities to introduce children aged 9-12 to the fundamentals of biathlon
- Biathlon Bears is an add-on program for children aged 9-12 that wish pursue the sport further including attending local races
- The Saturdaisies program is a stepping stone for young biathletes (aged 10-13 years) that are interested in training and ready to compete in local and club races.
- Our Competition Air Rifle program provides advanced skiing and precision shooting skills using compressed-air cylinder rifles for those teen-aged athletes interested in elevating their competition level to the provincial “O-Cup circuit” level.
- In the Competitive .22 program, teen-aged athletes will learn to refine their existing shooting skills with .22-caliber rifles while consolidating the speed and strength development of their ski techniques to compete at the provincial and IBU levels and/or earn their way onto Team Ontario.
Athletes participating in Biathlon programs must be registered members of Biathlon Ontario for insurance purposes. An additional equipment fee for rifles and ammunition is charged for Biathlon athletes.
All program prices will be raised by $25 on November 15th.