“Biathlon Bears” is a nationally developed introductory program intended to provide an initial exposure to the fun sport which adds a precision shooting element to a young Nordic skier’s activities. This is an ideal starting place for young athletes that already possess basic Nordic skate- skiing skills and would like to learn about biathlon either competitively or recreationally, in a fun, supportive, and inclusive environment.
The aim of the Trailblazers organization is to develop competent technical skiers and well balanced athletes. Our Head Coach oversees a number of other qualified coaches who deliver training programs to the athletes.
This is an entry level program for athletes who have graduated from the Jack Rabbits Nordic-skiing program or have demonstrated ski skills and show an interest in learning how to add a precision shooting component to their skill sets in a fun and friendly environment. In this program, athletes will focus on effective prone positioning, precision shooting skills, and combination shooting skills using a pump-action air rifle. Ski training will be delivered through participation in the Track Attack Nordic ski program. Range training will be delivered as a separate session at the end of each skiing phase.
- Guide the athletes, involve the parents, and mentor new prospective coaches
- Develop skills and talents necessary to graduate athletes to further levels
- of personal success
- Allow appropriate challenges to generate individual growth
- provide opportunity for athletes to develop and be true to their goals
- be an active part of the ski and biathlon sport communities at the local
- provide quality mentorship to all levels of the HTB ski and biathlon
HTB Biathlon Bears Athlete Expectations
- be a positive influence to the program
- be honest with your efforts and generous with your spirit
- respect your teammates and their time
Athlete Equipment Requirements
1. 1 pair skate skis
2. 1 pair classic training skis for use in all conditions
3. poles with lengths as suggested by the coach for skate and classic
$50 Ammunition & Equipment Fee
$30 Biathlon Ontario and Biathlon Canada Recreational Athlete Membership Required
*Trail passes - valid only during the weekly sessions - are included in Jackrabbit, Bunnies, Chipmunks, Track Attack and Biathlon Bears fees. If registrants ski at other times, they will need a season or day pass.
Saturdays 10:00-12:00 (Track Attack Nordic ski training) and Saturdays 1:00-2:00 (range training)