Lodge History

Highland Lodge №184 is the longest operating Lodge of Ancient Free and Accepted Masons in Baltimore, Maryland. The Lodge began meeting in 1890, and has been meeting continually since. While many other lodges in Baltimore City moved out to the county over the years, the brothers of Highland Lodge have stayed true to the city.

When first founded, the brothers met in a few different buildings around Highlandtown. In 1913, the brothers built their own building on Conkling St., which is widely considered to have one of the most beautiful lodge rooms in the state of Maryland. In 2015, the brothers decided to move temporarily to the Scottish Rite Temple on North Charles Street while the building underwent some needed repairs and received a face lift. The building repairs are almost complete, and we look forward to moving back to our home in Highlandtown this year.

The brothers of Highland Lodge come from a variety of backgrounds and professions. Some of us have been in Baltimore their entire lives, while others have only recently moved to the area. Our brothers include teachers, scientists, government workers, mechanics, and even a member of the Maryland House of Delegates. Despite our different backgrounds, when we enter the lodge room, we are all brothers that meet on a mutual level of respect and we part with renewed verity to spread Masonic Light and its virtues of Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.