Research Assistant Professor, College of Information and Computer Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
email: hajiesmaili [at] cs.umass.edu
phone: +1 (202) 431-3560
address: A235 LGRC, 140 Governors Drive, Amherst, MA 01003
Research interests: Rigorous system design using optimization, learning, and algorithmic tools, with applications to computer networks, energy, and cyber-physical systems
Recent Publications [full]:
- L. Yang, L. Deng, M. Hajiesmaili, C. Tan, and W. Wong, "An Optimal Algorithm for Online Non-Convex Learning," in Proc. of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2018.
- L. Yang, W. Wong, and M. Hajiesmaili, "An Optimal Randomized Online Algorithm for QoS Buffer Management," in Proc. of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2018.
- B. Alinia, M. Talebi, M. Hajiesmaili, A. Yekkehkhany, and N. Crespi, "Competitive Online Scheduling Algorithms with Applications in Deadline-Constrained EV Charging," in Proc. of IEEE/ACM IWQoS, 2018.
- L. Deng, M. Hajiesmaili, M. Chen, H. Zeng, "Energy-Efficient Timely Transportation of Long-Haul Heavy-Duty Trucks," IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems. to appear.
- M. Hajiesmaili, D. Cai, and E. Mallada, "Understanding the Inefficiency of Security-Constrained Economic Dispatch," in Proc. of IEEE CDC, 2017.
- H. Yi, M. Hajiesmaili, Y. Zhang, M. Chen, and X. Lin, "Impact of the Uncertainty of Distributed Renewable Generation on Deregulated Electricity Supply Chain," IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, to appear.
- M. Hajiesmaili, M. Chen, E. Mallada, and C. Chau, "Crowd-sourced Storage-assisted Demand Response in Microgrids," in Proc. of ACM e-Energy, 2017.
- L. Yang, M. Hajiesmaili, H. Yi, M. Chen, "Hour-Ahead Offering Strategies in Electricity Market for Power Producers with Storage and Intermittent Supply," in Proc. of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2017. (poster paper)
- M. Hajiesmaili, L. Mak, Z. Wang, C. Wu, M. Chen, and A. Khonsari, "Cost-Effective Low-Delay Design for Multi-Party Cloud Video Conferencing," IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, to appear.
- B. Alinia, M. Hajiesmaili, A. Khonsari, and N. Crespi, "On the Construction of Maximum-Quality Aggregation Trees in Deadline-Constrained WSNs," IEEE Sensors Journal, 2017.
- M. Hajiesmaili, L. Deng, M. Chen, and Z. Li, "Incentivizing Device-to-Device Load Balancing for Cellular Networks: An Online Auction Design," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications---Special Issue on Game Theory for Networks, 2017.
- M. Hajiesmaili, M. Talebi, and A. Khonsari, "Multi-Period Network Rate Allocation with End-to-End Delay Constraints," IEEE Trans. on Control of Network Systems, to appear.
- M. Hajiesmaili, S. Chau, M. Chen, and L. Huang, "Online Microgrid Energy Generation Scheduling Revisited: The Benefits of Randomization and Interval Prediction," in Proc. of ACM e-Energy, 2016, Best Paper Candidate.
- L. Deng, M. Hajiesmaili, M. Chen, H. Zeng, "Energy-Efficient Timely Transportation of Long-Haul Heavy-Duty Trucks," in Proc. of ACM e-Energy, 2016, Best Paper Candidate.
- Y. Zhang, M. Hajiesmaili, S. Cai, M. Chen, and Q. Zhu, "Peak-Aware Online Economic Dispatching for Microgrid," IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, 2016.