Tri-Hai Nguyen received the B.Sc. (Honors) degree in computer science from University of Information Technology, HCMC, Vietnam, in 2015, and his M.Eng degree in information and communication technology from Soongsil University, Seoul, Republic of Korea, in 2017. Since then, he has been pursuing a doctoral degree at Soongsil University. His current research interests are in the field of network function virtualization, network architecture, and cloud computing.
Tri-Hai Nguyen (Nguyễn Trí Hải) was born in 1993 / From Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam / Lives in Seoul, Republic of Korea / Email: nguyentrihai93 (at) gmail.com / nguyentrihai (at) soongsil.ac.kr
Ph.D. (Sept. 2017 – ): Information and Communication Technology, Soongsil University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Current GPA: 4.38/4.5. Supervisor: Prof. Myungsik Yoo
M.Eng. (Sept. 2015 – Aug. 2017): Information and Communication Technology, Soongsil University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- GPA: 3.89/4.50 (91.10/100.0)
- Thesis: Vulnerability Analysis of Controller in Software-Defined Networking [Link], under the supervision of Prof. Myungsik Yoo.
B.Sc. (Honors) (Sept. 2011 – Aug. 2015): Computer Science, University of Information Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
- GPA: 8.97/10 (Valedictorian, Rank: 1/120).
- Thesis (Score: 9.4/10): Multiclass Text Classification with Support Vector Machine [Link] (in Vietnamese), under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Vu Thanh Nguyen.
- Research Assistant (Sept. 2015 – ): Advanced Network Design & Analysis (ANDA) Lab; Smart Services Security For You Research Center (S4URC); Internet Infra System Technology Research Center (IISTRC), Soongsil University.
- Research Internship (Feb. 2015 – Apr. 2015): Buzzmetrics Vietnam.
- Reviewer for Journals (IEEE JSAC) and Conferences (VTC2018-Fall, ICTC 2018, ICIDB 2019).
- Organizing committee with outstanding contributions for ACVYS 2018, Organizing committee for ACVYS 2019.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “A hybrid prevention method for eavesdropping attack by link spoofing in software-defined Internet of Things controllers,” IJDSN, Vol. 13, Issue 11. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.787 – DOI: 10.1177/1550147717739157)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Analysis of attacks on device manager in software-defined Internet of Things,” IJDSN, Vol. 13, Issue 8. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.787 – DOI: 10.1177/1550147717728681)
- Duy-Linh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trong-Hop Do, Myungsik Yoo, “Probability-based Multi-hop Diffusion Method for Influence Maximization in Social Networks,” WPC, Vol. 93, Issue 4, pp 903–916. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.20 – DOI: 10.1007/s11277-016-3939-8)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “A Lightweight Simulator for NFV Management and Orchestration”, J-KICS, Vol. 43, No. 10, pp 1676-1681. 2018. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2018.43.10.1676)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “A Workflow Policy-based VNF Monitoring Model in Tacker-based NFV System“, J-KICS, Vol. 43, No. 09, pp 1483-1488. 2018. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2018.43.9.1483)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Diffusion-Based Influence Maximization Method for Social Network,” J-KICS, Vol. 41, No. 10, pp 1244-1246. 2016. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2016.41.10.1244)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Jaejin Lee, Myungsik Yoo, “A Practical Model for Optimal Placement of Virtual Network Functions”, ICOIN 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “A VNF Descriptor Generator for Tacker-based NFV Management and Orchestration”, ICTC 2018, Jeju Island, Republic of Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ICTC.2018.8539354)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trinh Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Analysis of Deployment Approaches for Virtual Customer Premises Equipment”, ICOIN 2018, Chiang Mai, Thailand. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2018.8343127)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “A Behavior-based Mobile Malware Detection Model in Software-Defined Networking”, ICISCT 2017, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. (DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT.2017.8188590)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Analysis of Link Discovery Service Attacks in SDN Controller”, ICOIN 2017, Da Nang, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2017.7899515)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Attacks on Host Tracker in SDN Controller: Investigation and Prevention”, ICTC 2016, Jeju Island, Republic of Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ICTC.2016.7763545)
- Vu Thanh Nguyen, Nguyen Tri Hai, Nguyen Hoang Nghia, Tuan Dinh Le, “A Term Weighting Scheme Approach for Vietnamese Text Classification", FDSE 2015, HCMC, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-26135-5_4)
- Nguyen Tri Hai, Nguyen Hoang Nghia, Tuan Dinh Le, Vu Thanh Nguyen, “A Hybrid Feature Selection Method for Vietnamese Text Classification", KSE 2015, HCMC, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1109/KSE.2015.25)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “An Energy-Efficient Heuristic for Virtual Network Functions Placement", KICS Winter Conference 2019, Pyeongchang, Republic of Korea. [Link]
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “A Comprehensive NFV vCPE System with VyOS-based VNF”, KICS Summer Conference 2018, Jeju-do, Republic of Korea. [Link]
- Trinh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Developing the VNFs for the vCPE system using OpenWrt”, JCCI 2018, Jeonnam, Republic of Korea. [Link]
Forum, Workshop, Exchange Program, Patents
- A delegate for the 1st Global Young Vietnamese Scholars Forum, 27-29 Nov. 2018, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- A participant in OpenStack Summit, 6-8 Nov. 2017 – Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trinh Nguyen, Jinseok Choi, Myungsik Yoo, “vCPE Development and Deployment“, Internet Infra System Technology Research Center (IISTRC) Workshop, 21-22 Sept. 2017, Mayfield Hotel, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Myungsik Yoo, “Vulnerability of SDN Controller”, Smart Services Security For You Research Center (S4URC) Workshop, 22-23 Aug. 2016, Konjiam Resort, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea.
- A delegate for JENESYS 2.0 (Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths), 14-23 Sept. 2014, Japan.
- Patents: Google Patents
- Cloud Computing: OpenStack Cloud Platform (OpenStack Code Profile).
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN Security; Open-Source: Floodlight, POX), Network Function Virtualization (Architecture, Deployment, Optimization; Open-Source: OpenStack Tacker, ONAP), Computer Networks, Mobile Communication Systems (Basic), Machine Learning (Basic).
- Programming Language: Python, Java, C++. OS: Linux (Ubuntu), Windows.
- Content management: WordPress. Code management: Git, GitHub. Project management: Launchpad, Storyboard.
- English: Professional working proficiency.
- [Scholarship] Special Scholarship for Ph.D. Student (2017-2019, Coursework), Graduate Scholarship (2015-2017), Soongsil University; Hanshin E&C (2018); POSCO TJ Park Foundation (2015); PonyChung Foundation (2013); TuoitreOnline and Vietcombank Scholarship (2013); VNG Corporation (2013).
- [Award] Valedictorian of the course 2011 – 2015, Department of Computer Science, University of Information Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam; National “January Star” Awards (2015); National “Student with five good merits” Awards (2014); “Ho Chi Minh City Information Communications Technology (HCMC ICT)” Awards by HCM City People’s Committee (2014).
- [Certification] Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, and Excel 2010; IELTS (2017.06.08) & TOEIC.
- Member of the Executive Committee, Vietnamese Students' Association in Korea – VSAK (Apr. 2018 – Apr. 2019);
- President, Vietnamese Students' Association in Soongsil University (Mar. 2016 – Sept. 2016);
- Member of the Secretariat/Member of the Executive Committee, Vietnam National Union of Students at University of Information Technology (Nov. 2012 – Sept. 2015).