Tri Hai Nguyen received the B.Sc. degree with honors in Computer Science from the University of Information Technology, HCMC, Vietnam, in 2015, and the M.Eng. degree in Information and Communication Technology from Soongsil University, Seoul, Korea, in 2017. From 2017 until 2019, he was a Ph.D. candidate in Information and Communication Technology at Soongsil University.
Hometown: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Email: nguyentrihai93 (at) gmail (dot) com
Ph.D. (all but dissertation) (Sept. 2017 – June 2019): Information and Communication Technology, Soongsil University, Seoul, Korea
- GPA: 4.38/4.5 (36 credits or 12 subjects)
M.Eng. Degree (Sept. 2015 – Aug. 2017): Information and Communication Technology, Soongsil University, Seoul, Korea
- GPA: 3.89/4.50 (91.1/100; 24 credits or 8 subjects)
- Thesis: Vulnerability Analysis of Controller in Software-Defined Networking [Link]
B.Sc. Degree (honor program) (Sept. 2011 – Aug. 2015): Computer Science, University of Information Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
- GPA: 8.97/10 (Valedictorian; 3.75/4; 138 credits or 36 subjects)
- Thesis (Point: 9.4/10): Multi-class Text Classification with Support Vector Machine [Link] (in Vietnamese)
- Research Assistant (Sept. 2015 – June 2019): Advanced Network Design & Analysis (ANDA) Lab; Smart Services Security For You Research Center (S4URC); Internet Infra System Technology Research Center (IISTRC), Soongsil University.
- Internship (Feb. 2015 – Apr. 2015): Buzzmetrics Vietnam.
- Reviewer for Journals (IEEE JSAC) and Conferences (VTC2018-Fall, ICIDB 2019).
- Organizing committee with outstanding contributions for ACVYS 2018, Organizing committee for ACVYS 2019.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A hybrid prevention method for eavesdropping attack by link spoofing in software-defined Internet of Things controllers,” IJDSN, Vol. 13, Issue 11. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.787 – DOI: 10.1177/1550147717739157)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Analysis of attacks on device manager in software-defined Internet of Things,” IJDSN, Vol. 13, Issue 8. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.787 – DOI: 10.1177/1550147717728681)
- Duy-Linh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trong-Hop Do, M. Yoo, “Probability-based Multi-hop Diffusion Method for Influence Maximization in Social Networks,” WPC, Vol. 93, Issue 4, pp 903–916. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.20 – DOI: 10.1007/s11277-016-3939-8)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Lightweight Simulator for NFV Management and Orchestration”, J-KICS, Vol. 43, No. 10, pp 1676-1681. 2018. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2018.43.10.1676)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Workflow Policy-based VNF Monitoring Model in Tacker-based NFV System", J-KICS, Vol. 43, No. 09, pp 1483-1488. 2018. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2018.43.9.1483)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Diffusion-Based Influence Maximization Method for Social Network,” J-KICS, Vol. 41, No. 10, pp 1244-1246. 2016. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2016.41.10.1244)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, J. Lee, M. Yoo, “A Practical Model for Optimal Placement of Virtual Network Functions”, ICOIN 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2019.8717979)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A VNF Descriptor Generator for Tacker-based NFV Management and Orchestration”, ICTC 2018, Jeju Island, Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ICTC.2018.8539354)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trinh Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Analysis of Deployment Approaches for Virtual Customer Premises Equipment”, ICOIN 2018, Chiang Mai, Thailand. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2018.8343127)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Behavior-based Mobile Malware Detection Model in Software-Defined Networking”, ICISCT 2017, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. (DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT.2017.8188590)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Analysis of Link Discovery Service Attacks in SDN Controller”, ICOIN 2017, Da Nang, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2017.7899515)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Attacks on Host Tracker in SDN Controller: Investigation and Prevention”, ICTC 2016, Jeju Island, Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ICTC.2016.7763545)
- Vu Thanh Nguyen, Nguyen Tri Hai, Nguyen Hoang Nghia, Tuan Dinh Le, “A Term Weighting Scheme Approach for Vietnamese Text Classification", FDSE 2015, HCMC, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-26135-5_4)
- Nguyen Tri Hai, Nguyen Hoang Nghia, Tuan Dinh Le, Vu Thanh Nguyen, “A Hybrid Feature Selection Method for Vietnamese Text Classification", KSE 2015, HCMC, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1109/KSE.2015.25)
- Trinh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “An Interoperability Testing Framework for Network Services in Network Function Virtualization", JCCI 2019, Gangneung, Korea.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “An Energy-Efficient Heuristic for Virtual Network Functions Placement", KICS Winter Conference 2019, Pyeongchang, Korea. [Link][Best Paper Award]
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Comprehensive NFV vCPE System with VyOS-based VNF”, KICS Summer Conference 2018, Jeju Island, Korea. [Link]
- Trinh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Developing the VNFs for the vCPE system using OpenWrt”, JCCI 2018, Jeonnam, Korea. [Link]
Forum, Workshop, Exchange Program, Patents
- A delegate for the 1st Global Young Vietnamese Scholars Forum, 27-29 Nov. 2018, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- A participant in OpenStack Summit, 6-8 Nov. 2017 – Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trinh Nguyen, J. Choi, M. Yoo, “vCPE Development and Deployment“, Internet Infra System Technology Research Center (IISTRC) Workshop, 21-22 Sept. 2017, Mayfield Hotel, Seoul, Korea.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Vulnerability of SDN Controller”, Smart Services Security For You Research Center (S4URC) Workshop, 22-23 Aug. 2016, Konjiam Resort, Gyeonggi-do, Korea.
- A delegate for JENESYS 2.0 (Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths), 14-23 Sept. 2014, Japan.
- Patents: Google Patents
- OpenStack Cloud Computing Platform (OpenStack Code Profile).
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN Security; Open-Source: Floodlight, POX), Network Function Virtualization (Architecture, Deployment, Optimization; Open-Source: OpenStack Tacker, ONAP), Computer Networks, Mobile Communication Systems.
- Programming Language: Python, Java, C++, LaTeX.
- OS: Linux, Windows; Content management: WordPress; Code management: Git, GitHub; Project management: Launchpad;
- English: Professional working proficiency.
- [Scholarship] Special Scholarship for Ph.D. Student (2017-2019, Coursework), Graduate Scholarship (2015-2017), Soongsil University; Hanshin E&C (2018); POSCO TJ Park Foundation (2015); PonyChung Foundation (2013); TuoitreOnline and Vietcombank Scholarship (2013); VNG Corporation (2013).
- [Award] Valedictorian of the course 2011 – 2015, Department of Computer Science, University of Information Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam; National “January Star” Awards (2015); National “Student with five good merits” Awards (2014); “Ho Chi Minh City Information Communications Technology (HCMC ICT)” Awards by HCM City People’s Committee (2014).
- [Certification] Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2010, PowerPoint 2010, and Excel 2010; IELTS 5.5 (Taken date: 2017.06.08).
- Member of the Executive Committee, Vietnamese Students' Association in Korea – VSAK (Apr. 2018 – Apr. 2019);
- President, Vietnamese Students' Association in Soongsil University (Mar. 2016 – Sept. 2016);
- Member of the Secretariat/Member of the Executive Committee, Vietnam National Union of Students at University of Information Technology (Nov. 2012 – Sept. 2015).