Tri-Hai Nguyen is pursuing a Ph.D. in Computer Science at Chung-Ang University, Republic of Korea, since September 2019. Prior to that, he was a Ph.D. candidate at Soongsil University. He received an M.S. degree in Information and Communication Technology from Soongsil University, Republic of Korea, in 2017, and a B.S. degree with honors in Computer Science from the University of Information Technology, Vietnam, in 2015.
Hometown: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Email: nguyentrihai93 (at) gmail (dot) com
Ph.D. (Sept. 2019 - present): Computer Science and Engineering, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea
Ph.D. (all but dissertation) (Sept. 2017 – June 2019): Information and Communication Technology, Soongsil University, Seoul, Korea
- GPA: 4.24/4.5 (95.3/100; 36 credits~12 subjects)
M.S. Degree (Sept. 2015 – Aug. 2017): Information and Communication Technology, Soongsil University, Seoul, Korea
- GPA: 3.89/4.5 (91.1/100; 24 credits~8 subjects)
- Thesis: Vulnerability Analysis of Controller in Software-Defined Networking [Link]
B.S. Degree with Honors (Sept. 2011 – Aug. 2015): Computer Science, University of Information Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam
- GPA: 8.97/10 (Valedictorian; 3.75/4; 138 credits~36 subjects)
- Thesis: Multi-class Text Classification with Support Vector Machine [Link] (in Vietnamese)
- Research Assistant (Sept. 2019 - present): Knowledge Engineering Laboratory (KE Lab), Chung-Ang University.
- Research Assistant (Sept. 2015 – June 2019): Advanced Network Design & Analysis Laboratory (ANDA Lab); Smart Services Security For You Research Center (S4URC); Internet Infra System Technology Research Center (IISTRC), Soongsil University.
- Internship (Feb. 2015 – Apr. 2015): Buzzmetrics Vietnam.
- Reviewer for Journals (IEEE JSAC) and Conferences (VTC2018-Fall, ICIDB 2019).
- Organizing committee with outstanding contributions for ACVYS 2018, Organizing committee for ACVYS 2019.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A hybrid prevention method for eavesdropping attack by link spoofing in software-defined Internet of Things controllers,” IJDSN, Vol. 13, Issue 11. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.787 – DOI: 10.1177/1550147717739157)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Analysis of attacks on device manager in software-defined Internet of Things,” IJDSN, Vol. 13, Issue 8. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.787 – DOI: 10.1177/1550147717728681)
- Duy-Linh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trong-Hop Do, M. Yoo, “Probability-based Multi-hop Diffusion Method for Influence Maximization in Social Networks,” WPC, Vol. 93, Issue 4, pp 903–916. 2017. (SCIE, 2017 Impact Factor: 1.20 – DOI: 10.1007/s11277-016-3939-8)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Lightweight Simulator for NFV Management and Orchestration”, J-KICS, Vol. 43, No. 10, pp 1676-1681. 2018. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2018.43.10.1676)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Workflow Policy-based VNF Monitoring Model in Tacker-based NFV System", J-KICS, Vol. 43, No. 09, pp 1483-1488. 2018. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2018.43.9.1483)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Diffusion-Based Influence Maximization Method for Social Network,” J-KICS, Vol. 41, No. 10, pp 1244-1246. 2016. (DOI: 10.7840/kics.2016.41.10.1244)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, J. Lee, M. Yoo, “A Practical Model for Optimal Placement of Virtual Network Functions”, ICOIN 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2019.8717979)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A VNF Descriptor Generator for Tacker-based NFV Management and Orchestration”, ICTC 2018, Jeju Island, Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ICTC.2018.8539354)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trinh Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Analysis of Deployment Approaches for Virtual Customer Premises Equipment”, ICOIN 2018, Chiang Mai, Thailand. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2018.8343127)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Behavior-based Mobile Malware Detection Model in Software-Defined Networking”, ICISCT 2017, Tashkent, Uzbekistan. (DOI: 10.1109/ICISCT.2017.8188590)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Analysis of Link Discovery Service Attacks in SDN Controller”, ICOIN 2017, Da Nang, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1109/ICOIN.2017.7899515)
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Attacks on Host Tracker in SDN Controller: Investigation and Prevention”, ICTC 2016, Jeju Island, Korea. (DOI: 10.1109/ICTC.2016.7763545)
- Vu Thanh Nguyen, Nguyen Tri Hai, Nguyen Hoang Nghia, Tuan Dinh Le, “A Term Weighting Scheme Approach for Vietnamese Text Classification", FDSE 2015, HCMC, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-26135-5_4)
- Nguyen Tri Hai, Nguyen Hoang Nghia, Tuan Dinh Le, Vu Thanh Nguyen, “A Hybrid Feature Selection Method for Vietnamese Text Classification", KSE 2015, HCMC, Vietnam. (DOI: 10.1109/KSE.2015.25)
- Trinh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “An Interoperability Testing Framework for Network Services in Network Function Virtualization", JCCI 2019, Gangneung, Korea.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “An Energy-Efficient Heuristic for Virtual Network Functions Placement", KICS Winter Conference 2019, Pyeongchang, Korea. [Link][Best Paper Award]
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “A Comprehensive NFV vCPE System with VyOS-based VNF”, KICS Summer Conference 2018, Jeju Island, Korea. [Link]
- Trinh Nguyen, Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Developing the VNFs for the vCPE system using OpenWrt”, JCCI 2018, Yeosu, Korea. [Link]
Forum, Workshop, Exchange Program, Patents
- A delegate for the 1st Global Young Vietnamese Scholars Forum, 27-29 Nov. 2018, Da Nang, Vietnam.
- A participant in OpenStack Summit, 6-8 Nov. 2017 – Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, Trinh Nguyen, J. Choi, M. Yoo, “vCPE Development and Deployment“, Internet Infra System Technology Research Center (IISTRC) Workshop, 21-22 Sept. 2017, Mayfield Hotel, Seoul, Korea.
- Tri-Hai Nguyen, M. Yoo, “Vulnerability of SDN Controller”, Smart Services Security For You Research Center (S4URC) Workshop, 22-23 Aug. 2016, Konjiam Resort, Gyeonggi-do, Korea.
- A delegate for JENESYS 2.0 (Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths), 14-23 Sept. 2014, Japan.
- Patents: Google Patents
- OpenStack Cloud Computing Platform (OpenStack Code Profile).
- Software-Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, Computer Networks, Mobile Communication Systems.
- Programming Language: Python, Java, C++, LaTeX.
- OS: Linux, Windows; Content management: WordPress; Code management: Git, GitHub; Project management: Launchpad;
- English: Professional working proficiency.
- CAYSS (Chung-Ang University Young Scientist Scholarship, 2019-2021);
- Scholarship for Ph.D. program (2017-2019) and M.S. program (2015-2017), Soongsil University;
- Hanshin E&C (2018);
- POSCO TJ Park Foundation (2015);
- PonyChung Foundation (2013);
- TuoitreOnline and Vietcombank Scholarship (2013);
- VNG Corporation (2013).
- Best Paper Award - KICS Winter Conference 2019, Pyeongchang, Korea;
- Valedictorian of the course 2011 – 2015, Department of Computer Science, University of Information Technology, VNU-HCM, Vietnam;
- National “January Star” Awards (2015);
- National “Student with five good merits” Awards (2014);
- “Ho Chi Minh City Information Communications Technology (HCMC ICT)” Awards by HCM City People’s Committee (2014).
- Member of the Executive Committee, Vietnamese Students' Association in Korea – VSAK (Apr. 2018 – Apr. 2019);
- President, Vietnamese Students' Association in Soongsil University (Mar. 2016 – Sept. 2016);
- Member of the Secretariat/Member of the Executive Committee, Vietnam National Union of Students at University of Information Technology (Nov. 2012 – Sept. 2015).