Associate Professor of Economics
School of Management & Economics (SME)
Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen)
2001 Longxiang Boulevard
Longgang District, Shenzhen
People's Republic of China
- International Finance, Monetary Economics, Chinese Economy and Applied Macroeconomics
- FDI, trade credit, and transmission of global liquidity shocks: Evidence from Chinese manufacturing firms (with Shu Lin), Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 31(1), 2018.
- The international credit channel of U.S. monetary policy transmission to developing countries: Evidence from trade data (with Shu Lin), Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 133, 2018.
- Exchange rate volatility and trade: The role of credit constraints (with Shu Lin and Kang Shi), Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 30, 2018.
- Towards an integrated spot LNG Market: An interim assessment (with Xiaoyi Mu), Energy Journal, Vol. 3(1), 2018.
- Comparing the effectiveness of traditional vs. mechanized identification methods in post-sample forecasting for a macroeconomic Granger causality analysis (with Richard Ashley and John Guerard), International Journal of Forecasting, Vol. 31(2), 2015.
- Small trends and big cycles in crude oil prices (with Xiaoyi Mu), Energy Journal, Vol. 36(1), 2015.
- Political fractionalization and delay in fiscal stabilizations: A duration analysis (with Kevin Grier and Shu Lin), Public Choice, Vol.164(1-2), 2015.
- Does inflation targeting help reduce financial dollarization? (with Shu Lin), Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, Vol.45(7), 2013.
- Current account adjustment in developing countries: The role of exchange rate regimes (with Xiaoyi Mu), Economic Inquiry, Vol.51(2), 2013.
- What to target? Inflation or exchange rate (with Shu Lin), Southern Economic Journal, Vol.78(4), 2012.
- On the Granger causality between median inflation and price dispersion (with Richard Ashley), Applied Economics, Vol.44(32), 2012.
- The role of financial development in exchange rate regime choices (with Shu Lin), Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 30(4), 2011.
- Which panel data estimator should I use? (with W. Robert Reed), Applied Economics, Vol. 43(8), 2011.
- Understanding oil prices: How important is the China factor? (with Xiaoyi Mu), Energy Journal, Vol. 32(4), 2011.
- Dollarization does promote trade (with Shu Lin), Journal of International Money and Finance, Vol. 29(6), 2010.
- Does inflation targeting really make a difference in developing countries? (with Shu Lin), Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 89(1), 2009.
- Twin sons of different mothers: the long and the short of the twin deficits debate (with Kevin Grier), Economic Inquiry, Vol. 47(4), 2009.
- Does inflation targeting really make a difference? Evaluating the treatment effect of inflation targeting in seven industrial countries (with Shu Lin), Journal of Monetary Economics, Vol. 54(8), 2007.