Training for Work and Employment
Aims of the Service
To provide advice, guidance and support to enable disabled people to move towards and gain employment.
Who Can Use The Service
The service is open to disabled people living, working or training in Harrow. Whether you are looking for your first job, seeking a career change, or searching for courses, the service can help you.
How Does The Service Work
The Service recognises that everyone is different and so is flexible. Staff will work with you to identify the level and type of support you would like.
Help can be given in the following areas:
- Support and guidance to gain paid employment
- Support and guidance to obtain work experience or volunteering opportunities
- Work Preparation Courses
Examples of the support that can be provided include:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Find out about training and education opportunities
- Identifying skills, abilities and personal preferences
- Completing application forms and CV’s
- Applying for vacancies
- Work trials – to find out about a particular job
- Interview techniques training
- Issues relating to Access, adaptations and equipment
- Support at interviews
- Remote support on starting work
HAD’s career and employment service has been awarded the Matrix Quality Standard for Learning and Work.
For more information or to book an interview please contact:
Umesh Raichada (Employment, Support & Developmemt Advisor)
020 8861 9929 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org