PLEASE MAKE SURE POSITION PAPER FOLLOWS ALL FORMATTING GUIDELINES (as described below)
- ONE SUBMISSION PER SCHOOL -
POSITION PAPER POLICY
Position papers must adhere to the following GSMSTMUNC format:
- Total length should be one page for two topics, not including a references page.
- Font should be 10-12 pt. Times New Roman
- 1" Margins
- Single spaced
- Title paper with first line stating entire official country name, and with the second line stating "Positions for the (insert entire official committee name)". See the sample position paper below for an example.
- Sources must be cited using in-text citations and referenced on a separate references page using APA format. However, please do not include the normal elements of an APA-style paper, meaning do not include the APA cover page, running header, or titling.
Should your paper not follow the above formatting rules, you may lose points upon grading.
If you do not submit a paper, then you will not be eligible for an award
Please reference this rubric for grading.
Because we request short position papers, we highly value brevity and clarity in policy writing, and are not looking for flowery/filler-like language. Top papers will cite at least 4 different sources total for the paper.
Please title papers as the following: ShortCommitteeName_ShortCountryName.
For example, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the General Assembly 1st committee would title his or her paper "GA1_SaudiArabia".
Short Committee Names:
- General Assembly 1st: GA1
- General Assembly 3rd: GA3
- World Health Organization: WHO
- Crisis Committee: Crisis
- Security Council: SC