Professional, confidential counselling for adults.
Alex Archer, MBACP (Reg.) , Dip.Couns
My private practice - Green Lodge Counselling is based in Wembdon, Bridgwater. I offer Person Centred Counselling to adults. Therapy can be face to face, on the phone or online.
On visiting my site for the first time you may want to know:
- is this the right type of counselling for me? If you want to discuss, explore and understand - if you want to find your right way forwards in your unique situation then this can be a good talking therapy for you. For more details see - Person Centred Counselling
- Session times? - Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm. Saturday mornings 9am to 1pm. Please get in contact to discuss session availability and to book sessions.
- how much will counselling cost? My standard session rate is £50 (first session usually free* - see fees info for details) . I offer student rate. In certain circumstances I may be able to offer a concessionary rate. See - Fees info
- how do I make contact - Contact info
- Where are you? - see - Address/location
You may also want to know about:
Life can 'knock us sideways' . Sometimes we just can't make sense of it. Consequently our emotional well being and mental health can suffer. What ever the reason you are seeking help, I counsel men and women and offer understanding, respect and empathy. In our sessions together you have a confidential and safe space to explore your situation and feelings.
I am by nature a good listener, compassionate and don't judge. I think it very important that you feel supported, heard and understood.
Face to face, phone or online counselling
I can offer you face to face counselling , phone or online counselling. Many people prefer working with their counsellor face to face. With busier lives and current issues around the corona virus, some clients may prefer phone or online counselling. Please let me know your preference when making initial contact.
Our initial counselling session together
Finding the right counsellor for you is an important first step towards healing. This is a reason why I usually offer a free initial session*. This first session gives the opportunity to look at how we can work together and explore the reasons that have brought you to counselling. We look at what you want to achieve from counselling.
*Please note - I charge for the initial session where :
- fees are covered by an health care services provider, private health insurance, EAP or paid for by an employer.
Professional counselling services
Being a counselling professional I am a registered member of the BACP. My approach is Person Centred . I work one to one and face to face. I also offer online sessions. I have a down to earth style and jargon free way of working. In the simplest sense I walk besides you in a journey of healing.
Private Health Insurance
I am a Recognised Provider for Vitality Health Insurance. Are you a Vitality Health Member? If so please get in contact to discuss this in more detail.
I qualify as a Recommended Treatment Provider for CS Healthcare. If you are a member of CS Healthcare please get in contact to discuss in more detail.
We all have our unique story and experiences. Additionally, I have often found themes come up in the therapy room that may have affected many of us at one point or another - for example issues around anxiety, depression, loss, bereavement, loneliness, work, health, self esteem, relationships etc.. Relationship issues often are a reoccurring theme. This could be the relationship we have with ourselves, our partner or the relationship we have with family members, money, alcohol, work, sex, food, authority etc..
I work individually with adult clients (i.e. 18+) and currently do not offer couples counselling.
Counselling services for students
If you are a student and you are looking for a counsellor I offer a student rate. Please note I work with adult clients i.e. 18+ .
Booking an appointment
I welcome enquires. If you would like know more please see the contact details page and choose your preferred way of getting in touch. I reply to all enquiries as soon as possible.
9am to 6pm - Monday to Friday. Saturday Morning - 9am to 1pm.