Spring Fling and Silent Auction
Spring Fling is a chance for the whole Graham community to enjoy great international food, performances and games. Proceeds from the event raise money to support teachers and students in the transition to the Common Core Standards and pay for tools and supplies for newly remodeled classrooms.
The auction at Graham is *a lot* lower key than what your elementary school's auction may have been. Time commitment is approximately March - June depending on the event date. Here are a few tasks that you can help with:
- Before the auction, help solicit donations from online and local businesses at your convenience. We mainly ask for gift certificates and try to minimize the number of physical items.
- Request Graham staff to donate their time to host fun student events for the auction
- Keep track of donations/businesses on a google doc.
- Enter auction items into the online auction system.
- Promote the auction to the Graham community by highlighting auction items, encouraging parents to bid via online auction, etc.
- On the day of silent auction, help set up, man the auction tables, check out, clean up, etc.
- After the auction, follow up with staff to coordinate student events
- Follow up with auction winners to collect payments and deliver items (mainly gift certificates)