Golden Gate Roundnet League
Golden Gate Roundnet League is the first and only Spikeball-sanctioned roundnet league in the San Francisco Bay Area. Every year teams from around the area compete to be crowned the champion of San Francisco roundnet. Through an 8-week season and post-season tournament each Spring and Fall, one team will be crowned San Francisco's best roundnet team. Join San Francisco's Spikeball Certified roundnet community and league today!
How Golden Gate Roundnet League will work:
- Registration is $30 per team. Please sign up through this form.
- The season lasts 8 weeks plus a post-season tournament on a Saturday following the season.
- Games are played every Wednesday Night at 7pm at Raymond Kimbell Field.
- Teams will consist of two players. Substitutions will be handled as needed.
- Substitutes do not need to be named at the beginning of the season. Instead name subs as the need arises.
- Only 1 sub can be used in a given match, meaning at least one of the main team members must participate.
- One sub can participate in the post-season tournament but must play the entire tournament (i.e. no substituting between matches; the same two players must play the entire tournament).
- Exceptions will be handled on a case-by-case basis for major injuries or serious reasons only as determined by the commissioner.
- Teams will be scheduled to play 1 match per week during league meet-up on Wednesday evenings.
- Matches will be played as a best of three series. Games are all played to 21, win by 2, with no cap above 21. When a team reaches 2 wins the match is over and remaining games are nullified.
- Points will be awarded as follows: 2 points for winning the series, plus 1 point for each individual game won in the series.
- Ex: Team A vs Team B: Team A wins the series 3-1. Team A is awarded 5 points (2 for series + 4 for games). Team B is awarded 1 point.
- Every team will qualify for the post-season tournament.
- Teams will be ranked in the tournament based on season standings.
- Teams and players will be awarded medals and other prizes from sponsors at the end of the season.
- Game play will follow all SRA tournament rules.