If you are interested in volunteering, please send us an email at dearGO.PTO@gmail.com, and let us know what types of opportunities you would be interested in.
We will also post specific volunteer opportunities here as they become available:
- Looking for Weekly Update Editors for 2019-2020 - We will be looking for 2-3 additional newsletter editors and/or proofreaders to rotate week-to-week throughout the 2019-2020 school year. No previous experience necessary aside of basic word processing and familiarity with gmail. Email news.GO.PTO@gmail.com
GO PTO meetings, including parent breakfasts, for the 2018-2019 school year are listed below. GO PTO meetings will be the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM, alternating between the two schools.
All parents, guardians, teachers and supporting staff of Gibbs and Ottoson students are welcome.
- Tuesday, January 8: GO PTO Meeting, 7-8:30 pm (Gibbs School)
- Tuesday, February 5: CANCELLED -- see you March 5!
- Tuesday, March 5: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm (Ottoson Media Center)
- Tuesday, April 2: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm (Gibbs)
- Tuesday, May 7: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm (Ottoson)
- Tuesday, June 6: GO PTO Meeting, 7:30-8:30 AM (Ottoson, room 323) *Note new time and date for the June meeting*
- 2020 Dates will be posted closer to September.
Both Kristin DeFrancisco, Principal of the Gibbs, and Brian Meringer, Principal of the Ottoson, will send communications using PowerSchool. PowerSchool is our student information system used to send communications, create school schedules, manage attendance, and issue grades.
If you're not receiving emails from the principals, please make sure that spe.schoolmessenger.com and arlington.k12.ma.us are not being blocked by spam/junk mail filters.
The Weekly Update
Parent volunteers from GO PTO compile and edit a Weekly Update e-newlsetter for Gibbs and Ottoson families. It is typically sent on Monday mornings.
Subscription is required - sign up here.
Information about town- or school-sponsored events that you would like to share with the Gibbs and/or Ottoson communities can also be included in the Weekly Update. Please read these guidelines about what we accept first. Then, send the relevant information by Wednesday for inclusion in the next Update by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.