If you are interested in volunteering, please send us an email at dearGO.PTO@gmail.com, and let us know what types of opportunities you would be interested in.
We will also post specific volunteer opportunities here as they become available:
- February 2019 - For the Weekly Update, we are looking for 2-3 additional newsletter editors and/or proofreaders to rotate week-to-week throughout the school year. No previous experience necessary aside of basic word processing, will train. If interested, or even just curious about what's involved before committing, email news.GO.PTO@gmail.com.
We hope to hear from you!
GO PTO meetings, including parent breakfasts, for the 2018-2019 school year are listed below. GO PTO meetings will be the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM, alternating between the two schools.
All parents, guardians, teachers and supporting staff of Gibbs and Ottoson students are welcome.
- Tuesday, January 8: GO PTO Meeting, 7-8:30 pm (Gibbs School)
- Tuesday, February 5: CANCELLED -- see you March 5!
- Tuesday, March 5: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm (Ottoson Media Center)
- Tuesday, April 2: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm
- Tuesday, May 7: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm
- Tuesday, June 4: GO PTO Meeting, 7pm
Both Kristin DeFrancisco, Principal of the Gibbs, and Brian Meringer, Principal of the Ottoson, will send communications using PowerSchool. PowerSchool is our student information system used to send communications, create school schedules, manage attendance, and issue grades.
If you're not receiving emails, please make sure that spe.schoolmessenger.com and arlington.k12.ma.us are not being blocked by spam/junk mail filters.
The Weekly Update
Parent volunteers from GO PTO compile and edit a Weekly Update for Gibbs and Ottoson families. The Weekly Update is typically sent on Mondays.
As of January 14, 2019, we transitioned to a new opt-in delivery format for the Weekly Update. Subscription is required - sign up here.
Information about town- or school-sponsored events that you would like to share with the Gibbs and/or Ottoson communities can also be included in the Weekly Update. Please read these guidelines about what we accept first. Then, send the relevant information by Wednesday for inclusion in the next Update by emailing email@example.com.