JOIN US AND BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY
Georgia Mountains Farm Tour: FALL 2019 Sunday Oct 20th 2-6 p.m.
2 p.m. Check in at bright green tent to receive brochure for the day with map, important info, raffles, and carpool opportunities.
2:15 - 6 p.m. Tour community gardens, produce and animal farms, and enjoy a presentation on using fresh produce in making shrubs with Farm2Cocktail!
The Georgia Mountains Farm Tour is happening 2 p.m. this Sunday October 20th, 2019! This Tour will include community gardens, Timpson Creek Farm (under new management), Jensen's Farmstead, and a presentation on shrubs--an old style drink made from fresh produce and gaining popularity again. All stops are within 20 minutes and there will be something for everyone! Animals (turkeys, chickens, goats, and more), fresh produce will be available for sale, soaps, cider pressing, grain milling, and free tastes of Amy's yummy Buthi Bread. Come by The Old School Garden at 2 to join! Tickets are $10 per person and 12 years and younger are free.
FARM TOUR GOALS
What makes the Georgia Mountains Farm Tour special, is the kinds of farms we select for tours. Many farms are not typically open to the public because they are small working farms with limited time and manpower. You may see them at many of the local farmers market in the area, which we encourage everyone to support. We also do our best to select farms who grow food without synthetic chemicals. We feel this is difficult to find 'round here, but an important practice for so many reasons including healthier people and clean water. Our main goals are to:
- Help local residents learn who, why, when, and where local food comes from
- Connect folks with those currently producing food in your community
- Provide authentic experiences on working farms with sustainable practices
No Pets allowed
Attendees will be required to sign a Farm Tour Release Waiver before visiting farms
Georgia Mountain Farm Tours occur rain or shine!
CHECKLIST - WHAT TO BRING
- Receipt from Farm Tour Ticket purchase (email/digital or printed)
- Refillable water bottles
- Appropriate clothing for forecast (event to happen rain or shine)
- Wear shoes that you don't mind getting dirty
- Cash and a cooler to support local farmers and take home fresh produce
- Don’t forget to take lots of pictures and find us on Facebook @FarmTourGA
CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS YEARS
We have switched to individual tickets instead of per car
The number of Farms on the tour now allow for everyone to visit all farms within tour times!