Call for Presentations/Posters
Call for Abstracts is now closed!
You are invited to submit an abstract for a presentation (concurrent session) for the GLC-SOPHE Annual Conference to be held virtually on November 9th, 16th, 30th, and December 7th from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. The theme for the 2021 GLC SOPHE Conference is:
"Life with COVID-19: Public Health Education During a Pandemic".
1) Define how partnerships influence public health transformation at the local, state, and national level.
2) Lead inter-professional teams to develop policies and practices that support public health innovation.
3) Explore and discuss the adaptability and impact of a health educator’s skill set during a global pandemic.
1) Covid-19 testing and vaccination efforts/lessons
2) Impact on mental health
3) Social isolation
4) Health Disparities/Racism
5) Food insecurity during the pandemic
6) Physical activity challenges during the pandemic
1) Single Webinar
2) Discussion Panel
3) Thematic/Breakout Sessions
4) Poster Sessions
5) Student Sessions
Who Should Submit Abstracts?
Health Education & Promotion Specialists Health Communications Professionals
Informatics Professionals Health Education/Promotion Students
Prevention Researchers Community Based Organizations and Staff
Social Marketers Lay Health Advisors
Public Health Practitioners Nurses
Community Health & Public Health Education Faculty Dietitians & Nutritionists
Health Administrators Social Workers
Community Based Participatory Research Faith-Based Groups
Anyone with a stake in the community's health Health/Social Policy Experts
Epidemiologists Behavior/Social Scientists
Virtual Conference Dates: November 9th, 16th, 30th, and December 7th
Virtual Conference Times:
Morning Session - 10:00 - 11:00 AM
Afternoon Session: 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Virtual Conference Delivery Format: Zoom
Students are encouraged to submit abstracts in collaboration with supervising faculty. Student submissions are required to have faculty approval prior to submission.
Call for Abstracts 2021 GLC SOPHE Google Submission Form.
Incomplete proposals will not be considered.