Lucy Charcraft- President
Lucy Chalcraft has over 30 years of international experience competing and teaching Eventing in New Zealand, UK, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the USA. As a holder of the highly esteemed British Horse Society Instructor's certificate she is deeply committed to the correct training of both horse and rider. She has spent the last 18 years in Fulshear, TX and has ridden, competed and trained throughout that time. This is Lucy's second term as GHCTA President and she looks forward to continuing to move the Association towards it's goals of continuing education and promoting well run competitions for all members.
Laura Bolerjack- Vice President
Laura (Hilsman) Bolerjack started riding at age 5 in West Texas. She has been eventing since age 9, and grew up doing pony club at Pine Hill and eventing in Area V. Laura spent two years eventing in the UK during high school and competed on the US East Coast while in college at Virginia Tech. Laura is now back in the Houston area working in the Oil & Gas industry as an engineer. She has two children and enjoys riding as much as possible at the lower levels with her Cleveland Bay-Quarter Horse cross, Talisman.
Ruth Sawin- Membership
- USEA Certified Instructor level II
- British Horse Society Assistant Instructor (BHSAI)
- Bachelor of Science –EquestrianStudies/Business administration Averett College.
- Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH formerly NARHA) Advanced Instructor
- Teaching continuously since 1980 - Hunt Seat, Balance Seat, Dressage, and Eventing.
- Thirteen years managing a large lesson facility and camp in New Jersey 1980-1994.
- Teaching at S.I.R.E. , a local therapeutic riding center, 1995-2009.
- Teaching dressage & eventing riders at Pine Hill since 1995.
- Intercollegiate Horseshow Association equitation through Advanced, Combined Training through Preliminary horse trial and three day event (CCN* Essex, Radnor & North Georgia)
- USDF Bronze Medal Dressage - USDF qualifying for year end championships through Third Level and Musical Freestyle.
- 2009 USDF National Champion Pas de Deux Ruth and Bramble Bush with Suzan Saylor and Kashmere.
- Good Basics-beginning with balance seat. Safety and enjoyment of the horse.
- Encouraging, confidence building—quiet and low-key.
Holly Parks- Treasurer
Holly Parks is an Intermediate level Event Rider based in Magnolia, TX. She is certified by the USEA's Instructor Certification Program (ICP) through Level II (Preliminary/CCI*) and is a recipient of the USDF Bronze Medal in dressage. She travels extensively to pursue her own riding and competition goals and is becoming a seasoned competitor at the international levels of the sport.
Holly began riding at the age of four and developed her foundation riding the hunters until age twelve. Holly then became involved in Pony Club where she was introduced to eventing and continued through the C-3 rating before pursuing other riding goals. During college, she was a working student for Olympian Clark Montgomery.
Holly has developed many off-track Thoroughbreds and has a deep love for the breed. Holly is currently working to develop a string of upcoming young horses. Her stable includes home-bred Irish Sport Horse Flagmount's Uptown Luck, a three-year old gelding, and Pave Diamante WCF, a striking palomino sabino filly by Grand Prix dressage stallion Parcival who was born in 2016. Holly looks forward to developing these youngsters for both dressage and eventing.
Holly began teaching in 2009 and has a passion for developing horses and riders. Her focus is on proper education of the horse and rider through a solid foundation and progressive development. Her attention to detail and methodical approaches ensure success for each of her mounts and students alike.
Sarah Goodyear- Secretary
Dr. Goodyear practices small animal medicine and surgery with a strong interest in reptile and small mammal exotics. She received her Bachelors of Animal Science in 1995 and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 1999. She's been practicing at Best Friends Veterinary Hospital and living in the Houston area with her husband, dogs, horses, ferrets, and hedgehogs since 2002. Also an avid equestrian, she regularly competes her two horses, in the sport of Three-Day Eventing. Other hobbies include contra dancing and scrapbooking.
Katie Stripling- Member at Large- Website/ Communications
After finishing her softball career at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Katie started riding horses to stay active and competitive. She started eventing a year later and hasn't looked back. When she is not riding horses Katie works in the Oil and Gas industry as an enviromental compliance coordinatior. She enjoys competing at the lower levels with her OTTB Otto Pilot.
Stephanie Reimers- Member at Large- Fundraising
Bio coming soo
Robbie Peterson- Member at Large- Banquet
Bio coming soon