Dear Georgia ASTA members,
We are forwarding the letter below that was recently sent from the the national ASTA president, Kristen Pellegrino, just in case you may have missed it. The Georiga ASTA Board agrees wholeheartedly with the goal of condemning racism in any form and we would like to raise our voice in support of all of our members. We stand by you and are here to assist you in any way we can. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
The Georgia ASTA Board
Dear ASTA Community,
During these troubling times, ASTA continues to be deeply committed to supporting our members. We condemn racism in any form and raise our voice in support of affected communities. Now more than ever, we need to come together to create a more just society in which everyone is safe and treated with respect and dignity.
We stand ready to listen, learn, and work together with our community to encourage inclusivity, respect, and compassion for one another. We stand behind ASTA’s vision and core values. Our vision: Enriching lives through universal access to fine string playing and teaching. ASTA supports string education and music for everyone—we believe arts education is essential.
ASTA’s core values:
- Teaching and Learning: We are students. We are teachers. We are lifelong learners and share our knowledge openly.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Everyone is welcome. We value every person for the differences of identity, ideas, and interests they bring.
- Community: We harness the power of collaboration between people.
- Integrity: Our word is our bond. We will be honest and aligned with our values—always.
- Passion: All in, all the time. We approach our work with focus and intentionality of commitment.
- Excellence: We will always strive to do our very best work in service with our community.
Together we are better.
Kristen Pellegrino, Ph.D.
President, American String Teachers Association
Welcome to the Georgia Chapter of the American String Teachers Association!
The Georgia Chapter of the American String Teachers Association promotes excellence in string and orchestra education and performance by providing support, encouragement, communication, and pedagogical resources for string educators and students.
Please explore our site and feel free to contact us with questions.