The Gathering Storm
A Mulit-Community HotS Tournament
June 3-4, 2017
Welcome to the Gathering Storm Registration and Informational page. If you would like to register, please fill out and submit the registration form below.
Rules and Format
On June 3rd each registered team will enter the tournament representing one of four popular gaming communities. The top three teams of these four "qualifying" tournaments will move on to the "Grand Finals" on June 4th to compete agains the best of the rest. Only one team will remain standing in the end. To those elite few, and the community they represent, will go all the spoils of victory!
- Single Elimination, best of three games, an extra match will be played to determine 3rd place.
- The games will use the blizzard double ban draft function.
- All maps will be included in the map pool. Each team will get two map bans per match.
- After each team takes turns banning their two maps, A coin toss will determine who gets first hero choice and who chooses the first map.
- After the first game, the losing team will decide who gets first hero choice, and who chooses the map.
- No map can be played more than once per match.
- The same format applies, however matches will be best of 5.
- Streaming is encouraged, but all streams must be put on a 5 minute delay in order to minimize cheating.
- Team captains are responsible for moderating their games. On the day of the tournament, TOs and Moderators will be available in discord to solve any problems that may arise.
- Each team captain will have the ability to pause the game, but must ONLY be used if a player is experiencing and unplayable disconnection issue.