The Gathering Storm
A Mulit-Community HotS Tournament
June 4, 2017
Time: 5pm EDT (2pm PDT)
Welcome to the Gathering Storm Registration and Informational page. If you would like to register, please fill out and submit the registration form below.
Rules and Format
On June 4, each registered team will enter the tournament representing one of four popular gaming communities: Convert to Raid, Amove.tv, Geekly Inc., and Frogpants. Only one team will remain standing in the end. To those elite few, and the community they represent, will go all the spoils of victory!
- Single Elimination, best of three games.
- The games will use the blizzard double ban draft function.
- All maps will be included in the map pool. Each team will get two map bans per match.
- After each team takes turns banning their two maps, A coin toss will determine who gets first hero choice and who chooses the first map.
- After the first game, the losing team will decide who gets first hero choice, and who chooses the map.
- No map can be played more than once per match.
- The final and semi-final matches will be best of 5.
Rules are subject to change as we approach the tournament if the need arises.
- Streaming is encouraged, but all streams must be put on a 5 minute delay in order to minimize cheating.
- Team captains are responsible for moderating their games. On the day of the tournament, TOs and Moderators will be available in discord to solve any problems that may arise.
- Captains are responsible for reporting the correct score of the matches in the "looking for admin" text channel in discord after each match.
- Each team captain will have the ability to pause the game, but must ONLY be used if a player is experiencing and unplayable disconnection issue.