ICB'19 Special Session
The Future of Biometrics beyond Recognition and Anti-Spoofing
Acceptance decisions have been sent to authors and available on CMT
Camera-ready copy due 11:59pm PDT May 1.
Biometrics has witnessed a significant progress in the last decades, allowing for numerous security and commercial applications including social welfare, forensics, personalized commercial systems, as well as identifying health states. Currently biometric systems are able to accurately analyze individuals in controlled scenarios. Despite this progress, a number of challenges remain open and new directions can be envisioned.
This special session will focus on such challenges and directions, including related topics of interest:
- Privacy and ethics,
- Debiasing biometric recognition systems
- Privacy of artificial intelligence-based biometric systems
- New biometric sensors and traits
- Defenses against adversarial attacks on biometric systems
- Detecting unknown presentation attacks
- Deployment of biometrics in realistic scenarios
- Ubiquitous biometrics
- Limits of biometrics (e.g., distinctiveness, permanence)
- Novel applications (e.g. social welfare, forensics, etc.)
- Soft biometrics and attribute analysis
- Biometrics in healthcare and digital identities in medicine
- Open Set recognition
- Fusion and multimodal analysis
- Other application of biometrics
- Reproducible Research in Biometrics
Full Paper Submission Deadline:
March 25, 2019 11:59pm PDT Monday April 1st, 2019
- Acceptance Notification: April 17, 2019
- Camera-Ready Paper Due: May 1, 2019
- Dr. Wael Abd-Almageed (USC, USA)
- Dr. Antitza Dantcheva (Inria, France)
- Dr. Sebastien Marcel (Idiap, Switzerland)
- All submissions should follow the standard IAPR ICB 2019 format. The submissions will be peer-reviewed following the same review process (double blind) as that of the ICB 2019 main conference.
- Please submit your ICB 2019 formatted paper at our CMT site.
- Latex and Word templates could be found at the main conference website.
- Prof. Arun Ross (Michigan State University)
To be announced.