Help Get Christian Mission Center-Vidin on the Map
We Need Your Help to Establish Christian Mission Center-Vidin
Total to Raise - $30,000 Raised - $23,000
WE ARE SO CLOSE - PLEASE HELP US GET TO OUR GOAL!
We need to raise $30,000 by September 30, 2019. All gifts are much appreciated.
CHANGE OF PLAN:
The purchase of the current church building was scheduled to take place in August, however, the deal fell apart when we insisted on purchasing the property from our landlord with the required "notary deed". Our landlord wanted to sell us the property without a notary deed, but rather with a promissory note! This "hiccup" in the movement toward establishing the physical presence of CMC in Vidin may perhaps be the Lord watching over us and protecting us from a shady landlord!
Our leadership team has been praying and seeking wisdom of the Lord as to our next plan of action and we have been led to purchase a plot of land in the city! Our idea is to move forward in two phases. We remain with the same goal in phase 1 - raising $30,000. In this first phase we will be purchasing the land and placing a smaller building (a modular building) on the plot that can be used at the moment as a church, and later after phase 2, as the church office. In phase 2 - we will be raising an additional $30,000. In this second phase we will be purchasing a larger modular building that will house the church and kitchen, as well as serving the dual purpose of housing short-term missionaries.
Please help us purchase this property as part of the first phase of our two-phase campaign to establish our local church in Vidin and our mission work in the nation of Bulgaria.
PHASE 1 and PHASE 2:
- Phase 1 - raise $30,000 (the original goal amount remains the same but now represents "phase 1")
- We will purchase a 486 square meter piece of property in the city of Vidin ($9,000)
- We will clear the land, level it and acquire all the city permits for placing two buildings on the property ($3,000)
- We will work on bringing in water and power onto the property ($3,000)
- We will lay a concrete foundation for a smaller building of 24 square meters ($2,000)
- We will purchase a 24 square meter "modular" building and have it delivered and placed onto the foundation ($11,000)
- We will place a fence around the property ($2,000)
- Phase 2 - raising an additional $30,000
- We will lay the concrete foundation for a larger building of 72 square meters ($5,000)
- We will purchase a 72 square meter "modular" building and have it delivered and placed onto the foundation ($25,000)
This is a 486 square meter piece of undeveloped property in the neighborhood of Bononia, Vidin. It is close to the Danube River and about a 15-20 minute walk to the city center.
Since 2009 the believers at Christian Mission Center (CMC) have been serving the Lord in Vidin. We began our services in an uninhabitable building in the center of the city. After pouring in roughly $10,000 to repair and modernize the structure, we vigorously held weekly Bible study meetings and church services, offered low-cost lessons to youth in English, writing, music and the arts; as well as served as a missionary hub for short-term mission groups to serve the people of this area - which is in fact the poorest region in the European Union.
In 2014 we decided to move to a new location after our landlord raised our rent beyond what we, as a nonprofit, could afford. Once again we repaired, painted and set up a new dwelling to serve the Lord and the people of Vidin.
Three years later, in 2017, the bank foreclosed on our landlord's defaulted mortgage. And so we searched, yet again, for a new property to rent and repair in order to continue our work.
For more information, contact us at:
For online donations:
Note: Go to the "donate" button and it will take you to our nonprofit's PayPal account. Donations are processed through the nonprofit Transfiguration Foundation.
Last updated: August 15, 2019
Our Mission at Christian Mission Center - Vidin
Christian Mission Center works to serve the community of Vidin and the nation of Bulgaria in three ways:
- Through the local church: Our church body holds weekly worship services, as well as prayer meetings. We believe in sharing the Good News of the Lord Jesus Christ with the lost and strengthening the body of believers through our weekly sermons and worship services, which can also be found on our YouTube channel.
- As a mission's hub: In order to better serve those who are hungry for the Truth, we publish a weekly bulletin filled with important news events for the believer in Christ, as well as an excerpt from the weekly sermon. We publish Christian literature, both fiction and nonfiction. We host mission groups and help them to serve the community through sharing the gospel with the widow and the orphan, cleaning and repairing areas of town, and helping those who are in need of help: the sick, the disabled, and the abandoned.
- As an advocacy group: Our advocates train both lawyers and those interested in human rights in the areas of freedom of religion and Christian witness in the public square. They do this through holding meetings, training events, publishing, establishing a media presence and defending the Christian cause before the Bulgarian Parliament and in the courts of law in Bulgaria, as well as in the European Union.
Thank you for your generous giving!
For online donations:
For larger gifts via bank wire, please contact us for details:
Note: For online donations, go to the "donate" button and it will take you to our nonprofit's PayPal account. Donations are processed through the nonprofit Transfiguration Foundation.