Gifting Fortnite V-Bucks
If you are an avid gamer or you know someone who is, chances are you or the gamer you know plays Fortnite. After all, it is the biggest game of this year. Playing the game is free. But, if you want to customize your gaming experience, you need to buy items from the loot store. You pay for these items using V-bucks, the Fortnite in-game currency.
It is common for gamers to give gifts to their friends who also play the game. But, Fortnite doesn’t allow direct gifting to other players. The good news is, there are two options that you can use to help your friends:
· Buy a gift card for them for the platform they prefer.
· Buy a bundle that contains specific items.
Buying a Gift Card for a Specific Platform
If you want to give a gift card to a friend, you must first know the platform the recipient plays on. This is because you can only buy cards for specific platforms. These are:
· PlayStation – If your gamer friend plays on PS, then you should buy a PlayStation gift card for him.
· Switch – If the person you want to give a gift card to is a Switch player, you need to buy a Nintendo eShop card.
· Xbox – The Xbox gift card is for Fortnite players using Xbox.
· PC – There is no specific for PC users to get Fortnite items from. In such a case, you can give them a pre-paid generic Visa that they can use to buy in-game currency.
· Android – Like PC users, you can give Android gamers a prepaid debit card.
· iOS – Fortnite is on the iOS App Store. Thus, you can give iOS users an iTunes gift card.
· Retailers of physical versions of gift cards – Popular retailers like Amazon, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and other similar vendors often carry the physical versions of the above gift cards for specific platforms. You can then give the gift recipient the card wrapped or in an envelope - in person.
The gamer recipient must redeem the gift card or debit card when they login to their platform. After the redemption process, they can use the proceeds to buy anything from the corresponding digital store. They can then buy V-bucks. If they prefer, they can also buy downloadable content or another game.
Even if you bought the gift card for them, you cannot force them to buy V-bucks. It is up to the owner of the card to use it to buy anything they want.
Buying In-Game Merchandise to Give as a Gift
Now, if you want to make sure that your friends get V-bucks or anything else that can help them in-game, then buy specific items for them. You can buy specific outfits from Fortnite. These include downloadable content and other digital items like the Summit Striker Pack that will allow the recipient to unlock the Summit Striker outfit, V-bucks, and the Top Notch Bling Pack. There are other bundles available like the Deep Freeze Bundle that unlocks many content.