Fortnite V-Bucks: Are They Worth Buying and Where to Spend Them?
Fortnite is a big shot in the gaming industry today. Available in all platforms, it earns more than $100M each month. Now, that’s a lot of money spent on a video game. The question is, how do you spend your cash in Fortnite – in a smart way – if you wish to buy V-Bucks (the in-game currency)?
Cost of a V-Buck
Although a V-Buck is worth about a cent, you need to spend almost $10 to buy 1,000 V-Bucks (the minimum amount you can purchase). You can then spend your V-Bucks to in the Fortnite store. If you live outside the US, you may spend more, depending on the prevailing currency exchange rate.
V-Bucks Pricing Levels
Following are the existing V-Bucks pricing levels for purchasing using the gaming app.
· $9.99 – 1,000 V-Bucks
· $24.99 – 2,500 V-Bucks (plus a bonus of 300 V-Bucks)
· $59.99 – 6,000 V-Bucks (plus a bonus of 1,500)
· $99.99 – 10,000 V-Bucks (plus a bonus of 3,500)
Keep in mind that the currency you purchase using a particular platform, stays in the platform. Thus, if you buy 6,000 on Xbox One, you can only use the V-Bucks in that platform. They will not appear in Fortnite Mobile. But, after you spend your in-game currency, you will have access to them regardless of the platform you use.
What to Purchase Using Your V-Bucks
To make the most out of your V-Bucks, it is best that you buy only items that can help you level up and succeed in the game. Here are some of the items you can buy from the store:
· Battle Pass – Epic Games implemented Battle Pass seasons to maintain Fortnite’s free-to-play status. By, buying the premium Battle Pass, you can unlock as many as 100 rewards during the season. You no longer have to go through numerous tiers and unlock rewards to move up in rankings. You can buy a Battle Pass for 950 V-Bucks. The good news is, you can earn enough to cover the Battle Pass cost for the next season by making it through 90% of the current season’s tiers.
· Cosmetic Upgrades – You can buy cosmetic upgrades direct from the in-game store. There is a catch, though. The available items at any given time are limited. Their availability rotates each day. There are 4 upgrade categories for your character:
o Outfit – This is the most important cosmetic upgrade as it affects your character’s overall look. When buying an outfit, remember that the size of your outfit has no bearing on your character’s hit box. A flashy outfit will make get noticed. But, it wouldn’t work if you like stealth play.
o Harvesting Tool – Fortnite provides a generic pickaxe by default. You can use it to bust down walls, and harvest building supplies. You can upgrade it through different skins. These skins may not improve your harvesting ability. But, they can make your game more fun.
o Glider – An upgraded gilder can make you look intimidating at the beginning of a game. But, it doesn’t make you faster than the other players.
o Emotes – You can have a signature dance move that you can perform after you knock out your opponent. Nothing can be sweeter than that!
It is a good idea to buy V-Bucks if you’re an avid Fortnite player using different platforms. Buying a Battle Pass upgrade is a good start. This way, you can unlock a decent gear collection in only a single season. The package worth $24.99 is a great package. It will provide you with 2,800 V-Bucks, which is more than enough for a Battle Pass. You can keep the balance for use later when you find something interesting to buy.