Host a Foreign Exchange Student for the 2019-2020 School Year
Hello! It's time to finish our placing season for the 10 month program during the 2019-2020 school year. My name is Lori Grimm and I am a Local Coordinator in Arkansas for CIEE Council for International Educational Exchange. My area covers Little Rock to Fort Smith, to Texarkana to El Dorado and everything in between.
I partner with fellow Local Coordinator, Cilla Green who also places students in the Mount Ida area including schools in, Montgomery, Garland, and Pike counties.
If you are excited and ready to support foreign student exchange browse our available students and apply today. Our placement period runs January thru mid Aug, however most of our 10 month placements are made by late spring, so don't delay!
Have questions? Send me an email.
Here are the Basics:
- CIEE Students are thoroughly vetted and so are are host families.
- CIEE is the original hosting company, working closely with the US government since 1947.
- Local Coordinators perform the match making process, finding the right student for each home.
- The local coordinator monitors the educational needs for the student.
- Local coordinators reach out monthly either by phone or in person for supervision support.
- CIEE High School Students are coming in with a J1 Visa.
- Host families are not paid, but there is a tax incentive to host.
- Students are fully covered with health insurance.
- Students come with their own spending money.
- Host families provide a safe place to stay, meals, and transportation to and from school.
- Complete information is available at CIEE.org.