Enter a Busking Competition
Fleurieu Folk Festival Busking Competition
Applications for the Busking Competition are now closed
Fleurieu Folk Festival is excited to announce our first Busking Competition, which will be run on Sunday 27th October 2019.
Two age groups will be judged: Youth to 18yrs old and 18 yrs and older; with a prize for each age group to the value of $200.
The winners from each age group will be invited to play one song/item at the award ceremony on Sunday in the Festival Hall between 4.45 pm to 5.30 pm.
Five entrants from both age groups will be picked.
Judging will take place on Sunday 27th October 2019
Judging will take place on Sunday 27th October 2019.
Two age groups will be judged:
- Youth to 18 yrs old (Sunday 10.00 am – 12.00 noon)
- 18 yrs and older (Sunday 1.00 pm – 3.00 pm)
Judges will decide using the following selection criteria.
- The Busker’s ability to perform the act they have chosen to a high standard and show an obvious knowledge of their chosen skill.
- The Busker’s ability to engage and connect with an audience - performance must be suited to the audience they wish to engage on the day.
- The Busker shows confidence and versatility during their performance and is visually and musically engaging.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be registered and accepted to perform at the busking competition
- You must complete a registration form and email it back before 4 pm Thursday 24th October 2019
- Five entrants from both age groups will be selected to perform at the competition
- You must be attending the Fleurieu Folk Festival to apply and be available for your timeslot. Being picked for the Busker’s Competition is not free entry into the festival; tickets are available for purchase online until the 24th October 2019: online or at the gate
- Only entrants who have registered and been picked for the Buskers Competition can compete
- As this event is family-friendly, the organizers reserve the right to exclude any performances that may be deemed offensive or unsuitable to a general audience
- Buskers must be available on Sunday until 5.45 pm to perform in the Awards Presentations if they wish to be eligible for the prize
- If busker/performer numbers are insufficient, we reserve the right to advertise spots available at the Festival
- Buskers must show evidence of their own Public Liability Insurance or sign an indemnity form, which needs to be emailed / handed into the festival, prior to the busking competition
- Competitor’s Number must be clearly visible for the Judges
- The Busker Spot is only 2.4 m x 1.2 m in size approx., so please be mindful of this if you are a group
- No voice enhancement equipment or recorded backing music or backing singers is allowed
- There will be no 240V power available. If the busker uses a small 12V/battery system, this is acceptable as long as it is provided and handled by the busker and the sound level does not interfere with other performers or surrounding happenings. If you are too loud, you may be asked to turn the level down!
- Each busker is allowed a 5 min setup / 15 min busking performance / 5 mins to move off busking stage with instruments, equipment etc.
Each performer must:
- Comply with the above Busking Rules and Regulations,
- Be prepared and ready to start in the correct position and time allocated,
- Have Competitors Number clearly visible for judges, and
- Have current Public Liability Insurance or provide a completed Buskers Competition Indemnity Form (see below) that is sent or handed in a copy before the time of busking performance.
Busking Competition Rules
Busker Indemnity Form