Ford Loop TrailMonocacy National Battlefield
Welcome to the Frederick County Forest Conservancy District Board's website. We hope that you enjoy and benefit from visiting our website. To navigate around the site, use the site map feature on the left (three horizontal bars on tablets and phones) or the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to perform a search.
Spotlight on Board Events
- Nature note for August 18 - American Bassword and Weeping Willow - Both trees are part of a self-guided walking tour. To see all of the trees, it should take about 1.5 hours. Currently there are 27 trees; a list and a map are available at visitfrederick.org/things-to-do/tours/downtown-frederick-walking-tours/trees-of-frederick/
- The summer edition of UMD Ext Branching Out is now available.
- Next Board meeting is Monday September 9th at 7 pm at the Tea Room in Gambrill State Park.
- Know of someone who's been doing great work with trees in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed. Consider nominating them to be the next Chesapeake Forest Champions! Nominations close September 20, 2019.
- Do you know an upper level college student (junior or above) currently enrolled in a natural resource career field? The Maryland Forestry Foundation is calling for applications to fill two Mel Fellowship positions for the period from October 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020. Click here to learn more and apply for these positions.
Maryland State Parks - America in Miniature
The following are links to the available hiking trails in several state and national parks in or near Frederick County. To get details about the trails you will be required to log into the alltrails website;
You can contact the Board using the information below:
Visit the Maryland Association of Forest Conservancy District Boards offices for a listing of all Maryland county offices (includes mailing addresses and phone numbers).
If you have feedback about this site (e.g., corrections, failed link or suggestions) please contact our Webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org).