Presented by The Frozen Sisters & friends:
The Frozen Sisters and our friends are proud to present the 2nd annual Fairybanks Pride, with free digital events scheduled for every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday this June 2020! Please check out our calendar below, follow our Facebook page to get all the latest updates about #FairybanksPride2020, and tell your friends!
Wednesday Workshops (7pm)
- June 3: "Beyond the Gender Binary" discussion with Alok Vaid-Menon, co-hosted by the UAF Nanook Diversity and Action Center [RSVP req.]
- June 10: Drag makeup tutorial with Penny Dragful, co-hosted by the UAF Nanook Diversity and Action Center [RSVP req.]
- June 17: Open-chat for all Alaskans
- June 24: Queer-focused suicide awareness and prevention training with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) [RSVP req.]
- June 6 (8pm): "Screaming Queens" movie screening, co-hosted by PFLAG Fairbanks
- June 13 (9pm): Dance Party with DJ Pika, with donations benefiting The Door (homeless youth shelter)
- June 20 (2pm): De-escalation training for activists with The Queen's Guard
- June 27: "How to Speak Your Language of Sex, Love and Play" presentation, sponsored by Recover Alaska (ages 18+; RSVP req.)
Join us every Sunday on Zoom for Queer Brunch, starting at 11am! We've welcomed local community as well as visitors to these weekly gatherings since August 2019. We hope to see you there during Pride month and beyond, as we will continue to meet online each Sunday until we can safely meet in-person again.